Warmup RCD

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by carbidder10, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Mr Influx is charming

2. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Yes I am splinter, and I could tell the NICEIC , Electricians Forum, and Jack Splinter and his big stick, where to shove a great deal of it, you don't hardly register on the numpty scale, cos you are are messing about on yer mums lap top , noe SWITCH IT OFF before I send Lucia in to smack yer erse

3. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

Last orders in the playground mr wheels, your call.........

4. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

To all posters, I think it was quite apparent what the call was.........delete, delete, delete

5. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Well lok, whenever you measure Ze, you should disconnect the bonding, otherwise it's not Ze but Zs that you are measuring.
    Being experienced and qualified, you should already know this.

6. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

You are now officially talking to someone who is not there....... Doctor.........

7. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Nah ,carry on , **** all else here since Mr Horse put his ignorant hoof in , besides mr handy andy's (why doesn;t the voltage increase') still standing .remains tgo be toppled

8. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

spinlondon: what a sad little man.......

9. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

Correction, "boy"......

10. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

/on onlijhI don't know if I can keep this up.h  kug it's murder , on the dance floo r and fifficult to psoytvb  from mn phone1 b  

11. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

Blimey Lockheart, Andy's thread went to 900+ posts - with a little help from his friends.  Do you seriously think we can play around with this idiot spinster that long? Pffffttttt!

12. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Is this a kinda reverse predetator thing, a sort of anti grooming thing, I can't beleive you are 80plus    nah ! you surely are;nt 80 plus..are you ? nowt wrong if you are , i'll still like you

13. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Although, if you go by the NIC recommendations, it is actually called Zdb.  It is permitted to carryout Zdb instead of Ze during an EICR for practicality reasons (depending on site).  If you can isolate the site, then a Ze should be done, but if you are unable to isolate, you can measure Zdb.

14. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Yes, Lec. spin thinks the 'db' stands for disconnected bonding.

15. spinlondon

Zdb is a term used to describe Zs when measured at a DB.
    It is not a term used to describe Ze.
    On a site with multipe boards, Ze would be measured at the origin of the installation, and Zdb would be Zs measured at secondary boards.
    I assume from Unphased's comment, that he was also unaware that Ze is measured with bonding disconnected.

16. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

No requirement to measure.  Can be ascertained by enquiry or from previous documentation where available.

Kind regards

BS

17. spinlondon

Yes Bazza there is no requirement to actually measure Ze.
    Not certain that anyone has said that there is a requirement to measure.
    That aside, if (even though you don't have to) you were to measure the Ze, the measurement is conducted with the bonding conductors and CPCs disconnected.
    This is done to remove any parallel earth paths that could affect the measurement.
    I would be wary about relying on the information contained in previous documentation.
    The older the documentation the more wary I'd be.
    There are a number of reasons why Ze is measured.
    One is to verify that there is a distributor's earth.
    Another is to determine whether the distributor's earth has deteriorated, or in some cases improved.

18. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Listen pilondon , I know all the ins an outs , I whimsically posted the above to taunt you:) 

19. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Yes I know, did you notice no one else picked me up on that :)

20. spinlondon

Did you now, a bit childish if that was the real reason.
    Of course if you did know the ins and outs, it begs the question: Why did you ask Seneca about it?
    Yes I did note that no one lese picked up on it.
    Could be that no one had noticed yet, or could be that they didn't know themselves.
    Could be a bit of both.