Warning

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by percyw, Nov 18, 2003.

1. percyw

percyw New Member

A word of warning- buy all the electrical supplies you need for one job at the same time.

I have just ordered a second box of chrome sockets only to find that Screwfix have changed their suppliers and the new range is completely different.

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

Thats why screwfix sucks

BR

3. Yeh, i noticed that. If you have an old catalog perhaps try the old order number. They might, just might have a few left over, maybe.

4. got to be some sort of trade description act offence there i think....well out of order...and as a side issue i have found that some of the lesser named products they sell are very poor... i bought some 6 amp junction boxes that were the most brittle plastic i have come across...three boxes later i managed to fit my lights without busting the box.

5. WOLF

WOLF New Member

i'm afraid that trades description act will be of no use to any of you, as like most suppliers of goods/materials, the fine print always states, we reserve the right to amend/upgrade this/our products with out prior notice, so any improvement etc, they do not have to tell you about...and how come you did not order all the "on show" fittings at the same time? it makes common sense(to me anyway) and as for the brittle fittings, well that's why they are the contract range...yep it all sucks i know but! that's life...get out clauses every where....

6. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

Why do people find it so hard to grasp the fact that often you really do get what you pay for?

There is an old saying "There is nothing made, that cannot be made a little cheaper, by being made a little worse.