Warranty Registration Card : Ferm Power Tools

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by The Sec-RAT-ary, Jun 26, 2005.

1. The Sec-RAT-ary

The Sec-RAT-ary New Member

Hi,

I recently purchased online from 'Screwfix.com', a Ferm 24v cordless drill, and duly sent off the Warranty card, only to have it returned by the Royal Mail 3 days later stating that the 'Addressee has gone away' !!!

The warranty for this tool is covered by Screwfix, but for only 12 months, the remaining 24 months is covered by 'Omega Safes Ltd' of Nottingham. Does anyone know their 'new' address please so that I may register my warranty, or maybe Screwfix will honour the full 3 years ?

Cheers 'n regards ...

Dave
    Sec-RAT-ary
    Real Ale Tasting Society - R.A.T.S. ®
    www.the-rats.org

2. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Phone Screwfix and ask them.
    They advertise the 3 year warranty so if they dont supply the new address they are in breach of advertising law.

3. The Sec-RAT-ary

The Sec-RAT-ary New Member

Phone Screwfix and ask them.
    They advertise the 3 year warranty so if they dont
    supply the new address they are in breach of
    advertising law.

Many thanks for your quick reply Dewy.

I was about to 'phone Screwfix, when a very pleasant lady actually 'phoned me ! Here's the info for any other people having difficulty with their Ferm Warranty registration.

FERM : 0870 735 3500 (be prepared, it's a Q&A / queue system)

The company has had a slight name change to Omega/Wolf and their e-mail is sales@omegawolf.com and their website is www.omegawolf.com ... telephone 01623 758 666.

While speaking with another lady, from Omega-Wolf (Ferm), she told me that they had moved from their old address over 15 months ago, so these drills are 'old stock' ?

Cheers ...

The Sec-RAT-ary
    Real Ale Tasting Society

4. Dewy

Dewy New Member

So Wolf is now in the same stable as Ferm.
    I have used a Wolf drill for over 38 years and can guarantee none of their present range will still be working that long. ;)

5. Agile

Agile Member

That was in the days when a hand drill had a metal case and power tools were built to last!

The plastic ones are probably lighter and less likely to electrocute you.

The good news is the cost is probably a third of what it used to be.

Tony

6. frasers grandpa

frasers grandpa New Member

I have tried to email to Technical@omegawolf.com and to sales@pmegawolf.co.uk all to no avail I expect they want me to ring an 0870 number and pay premium rate for the call
    So much for will deal quickly an efficiently that it says on the registration card

7. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Their geographic landline number is 01623 758666.

BB