Washing machine pump hose not emptying water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Esther Henderson, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Esther Henderson

Esther Henderson New Member

Hi, I have a beko wmb81241LS I've tried emptying pump hose at bottom, nothing came out but undoing pump outlet loads of water came out. What is wrong with hose which should have emptied water? I think something is blocked as the drawer overspills on every wash never empties fabric conditioner and water overflows from drawer out all over floor. When I emptied pump after all water mopped up nothing insude but surely something blocked?

2. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

Sounds obvious, but have you checked the filter on the front of the machine? It usually gets blocked by tissues or coins etc.

3. Esther Henderson

Esther Henderson New Member

I've removed bottom filter and the tube, but pipe which is supposed to empty the water emptied nothing, filter however was full of water. I wanted to know how tube never emptied the water? It emptied tiny amount like oil and smelly then nothing

4. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

I had a hair clip in the pump in a rental once: pump jammed so wouldn't drain. But an easy fix!

Tilt likes this.
  5. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

Presumably if you select a drain/spin cycle you can hear the pump running.
    If so, it sounds like a blockage in that area is preventing it from draining and the pump/hoses will need removing to confirm.

6. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

If the drawer over-spills then this problem is with the inlet.

Have you removed the drawer and cleaned it out ??????

Any excess washing powder could block it and so can fabric conditioner if you do not clean it out every now and then.....

But it also sounds like your pump is not spinning / working.

Have you checked it turns and nothing is interfering with it's operation ??????