Washing Machine Tee Valve - 3/4 X 15mm

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Fabian_Pruitt, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fabian_Pruitt

Fabian_Pruitt New Member

Hi
    I'm in the process of installing a 'Water Filter' as I have Diabetes and need to keep hydrated throughout the day. The cost of bottled water is getting too much and a water filter is a more economical choice. The water filter I bought doesn't need any plumbing skills as the connection end punctures the water pipe as you screw it on the mains pipe.
    I'm still scepticle that this will work so I decided to put a washing machine tee valve on the main pipe instead. One with an on/off knob so if the water filter goes **** up or it doesn't and I need to replace the filter at any time I don't have to rush to the basement and turn the water off, I can do it there and then.
    My question was 'Why do 'T' valves never come with a nut on the 'T' section. The other two connectors have nuts and copper olive rings but that off shute never has a nut on it. Perhaps some one could tell me why.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Because they are designed to accept the ¾" BSP union on the end of a machine hose.

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Hi KAIB :)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good afternoon.[​IMG]

teabreak likes this.
  6. ecoplumbing

ecoplumbing Active Member

You need one of these....

https://www.bes.co.uk/15-mm-tee-wit...MIwuyp4ojZ5QIVDbTtCh1SbAYXEAQYBCABEgK9UPD_BwE