washing machine

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ferny2000, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ferny2000

ferny2000 New Member

how do i get a washing machine under a worktop with tiny clearance that i have had to take the rubber feet off to get it under without scratching the floor tiles. The bottom of the machine is all metal

2. sparky43

sparky43 New Member

Slide it in on a piece of old formica or hardboard...only problem then is the machine will walk back out of the hole when it spins with no rubber feet on it

3. Bodgit n Scarper

Bodgit n Scarper New Member

Had a thought (bet you heard the cogs going).

Go down B&Q, Wickes, Homebase wherever you fancy and go to the laminate floor section. You can buy felt pads for laminate floors that you can stick on the underneath of your machine. They compress down a bit, will enable you to get the machine in if you don't try to force it too much at each move, will stop your floor surface being damaged, AND the machine won't "walk" when it spins.

Hope this helps.

4. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Hi Ferny,

I always use a bit of old carpet, pile facing downwards. This insulates the noise and makes it dead easy to slip the machine in and out. Make allowance for the carpet thickness so as not to boost the machine height so it cannot clear the opening. All slip solutions will need a well polished floor. Spray starch for ironing is good as it really does make the floor slippery.

DWD