Wasps nest

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Sparkielev, Jul 3, 2020.

1. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Ya should have mixed up some little old home-brew Napalm, would have nuked then god dammm yellow jacket jam carrying little critters......For good

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I'll tell the other half because it was her that went into the loft to do the mission :)

Astramax likes this.
  3. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Went to my local store, picked up a can of fly spray and asked the assistant, is this good for wasps? The assistant replied,” No it kills them”.

masterdiy likes this.
  4. jameswills

jameswills Member

I always use that home defense spray after removing any nests or webs to prevent it from happening again. Might be worth using in this spot now that the nest is gone.

5. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

87C3E4D3-012D-4565-9288-E607DF250346.jpeg

METRO MARK likes this.
  6. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I went to our local chemist and asked for something for headaches, they gave me some aspirins and they worked a treat, only an hour later I'd got one.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Good man, there is no point in putting yourself in harms way.;)

Sparkielev likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

More Columbo these days.:rolleyes:

9. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

I asked the chemist for something for a headache, he gave me a drum. :)

10. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

You must use the same chemist as me Bob.
    A bod walked in and said "I need some glasses" The assistant said "You certainly do, Specsavers is next door".

11. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

SPECSAVERS ! I was Just reflecting on life guys, as I get older all I need in life is a Specsavers a Boots and a Greggs...... yes life is all Specs Drugs and Sausage Rolls

WH55 and WillyEckerslike like this.
  12. Hi, can anyone advise me on who to contact to have a wasp nest removed between the gutter and the roof tiles? I'm not sure if this is a council thing or do I contact a private company. Any advice would be appreciated

13. Mark DM

Mark DM Screwfix Select

Private Pest control company. Think the council stopped offering this service years ago

14. RegB

RegB Active Member

It will be empty at the moment, and won't be re-used.

15. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

@michaelwilliams

Recently pulled out three from an attic with one being a ball about 450-500mm diameter - nothing in them at all. If you can get to it, do it yourself.

16. BuildingMad

BuildingMad Screwfix Select

if you clear it & don't block up the access they will return & rebuild.

Found one in the loft a few years back & removed it over winter, but did not know where the access was. Last year it was back in the same place, so I killed it after noting where they were getting in & blocked the entry hole. Don't think I will remove though.

This one, many years ago, under a suspended floor: they were going through an air brick, which now has mesh over it, as do the rest. Killed it & removed it.
    upload_2024-3-8_18-43-43.jpeg upload_2024-3-8_18-43-43.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  17. RegB

RegB Active Member

I am unsure how Mr Williams is going to be able to do that, since the nest is "between the gutter and the roof tiles"! :)

18. BuildingMad

BuildingMad Screwfix Select

Good point. Did not appreciate the location mentioned.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  19. WildCat

WildCat Well-Known Member

Who owns the property?