Waste carriers licence

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by fillyboy, Aug 2, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

2. I saw it on FB earlier, ridiculous, its his bloomin' waste!!!

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

It's just yet another sign that this country, and the red tape brigade, would rather shaft us than see common sense.
    Beggars belief tbh.

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

More to this than meets the eye.

That is a big bag just for crisp packets.

I imagine there its not a simple as matey is portraying it.

I very much doubt he got pulled for a couple of crisp packets.

teabreak likes this.
  5. Looks like several days rubbish from his lunches - crisp packets, water bottles etc. Why the suspicion?

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The waste carriers licence is just a money maker.

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Just as a precaution, I think I'll take the mattress out of the van tomorrow.

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Is that for when you're in the dog house, or for when you're out dogging?
    It's hardly 'waste' either way.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Both mate.

You haven't seen the state of it.

longboat likes this.
  10. Dot99

Dot99 Active Member

Act or law. Did he consent? Give his details. Any injured third party.

11. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

When i tell customers i cant take rubbish away in van they im winding them up this waste licence carry on is a joke id of rammed them crisp packets down his throat the jobsworth

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

13. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Bloody EU.

Regulation of the disposal of waste is part of the “integrated” system of pollution prevention and control based on EU legislation including the EU Waste Framework Directive (2008/98/EC) and Directive on Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (2008/1/EC). Separate detailed regulations are in place for England and Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Carriers who “normally and regularly” carry controlled waste only produced by themselves will need to register in the lower tier after 2013 when the current exemption expires. Carriers who only occasionally carry their own waste (e.g. because a normal disposal service is not available) will not need to register

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Why not? Didn't you once treat us all to that anecdote about your van being slapped with a parking ticket when it was parked within your 'industrial' unit?
    Or the one about the free ASHP you acquired which we are still yet to see the pics of.
    That kind of thing?

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Just think there is far more to this than meets the eye.

Guy from a cash and carry on my industrial estate gets pulled over loads for weight checks.

He doesnt get pulled over at random, he has some kind of a marker on his van apparently.

Maybe its something like that.

Maybe the council guy pulled him over and he told him to "f$%* off"?

Who knows. But pound to a penny it isnt just a random stop and a ticket for 2 crisp packets and a empty bottle.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I do agree on this.

I have a huge pile of old dry ice bags in the unit from a firm three doors up who ship medical stuff about.

I tend these days to just tidy all the rubbish for customers so they can sort it themselves.

Firewood etc I bag up and drop in to a few people with logburners.

Metal seems to find its way to the scrapyard!

Any useful materials go to a mate who is doing loads of work on his house.

Allsorts and DIY womble like this.
  17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'll probably get a licence in view of this. It pains me because I'm not in the waste removal business. On a job where I have to gut a bathroom, that's a fair amount of rubbish including rubble, old tiles, sanitary ware, I have a couple of guys with a 3 ton tipper (or 2 ton) and last year they were charging £120 for a full load, this year it's gone up to £170 but that's fine, the customer has to pay and it's still cheaper than a skip. But if I decorate a room, I normally take the rubbish away myself (probably 1 bin bag), can't take the chance doing that now.
    I was pulled over a couple of years ago (in cornwall), tested for red diesel, tax mot and insurance checked, but the annoying part was all the council bods checking to see if I had any waste on board, what job was I going to? did I have a written contract with the customer?

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Lets hope you don't get caught on the way to them.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Aww, that's nice of you.
    That's rather unprofessional, don't you think?
    What a lovely, man.
    Hehe.
    Yes, GB. We get the picture. You're one of those who are quite prolific at spreading 'bs' on the Internet.

You can't see this, right?

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Non of their business really. If any of these parasites ask personal questions like that in the future tell them it's from your own house, or, your parents, grandmothers, whatever.
    Nosy gits.