Watch your invoice for errors

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by DKM, Aug 19, 2007.

1. DKM

DKM New Member

each time I use the Croydon branch I have to go back to either get a refund or correct a problem, they are doing cable at a reduced price and unless they put in a code it comes out at the full price, just happened to see this yet again so another trip back, also the pack qty on the web is different to the shop, so on the web you have to say 10 items, ie one pack, in the shop if you say 10 you get 10 packs, on line stock why not ??? also online ordering to collect why not ??? that way you would know you will get it when you get there, my last correction cost me £50 in lost time and fuel as someone had put the wrong code on a product,
    Come on screwfix get your trade counter sorted out

2. popop

popop New Member

ACTUALLY ITS YOUR MISTAKE it states on them offer products to QUOTE EITHER 94 OR SOMETIMES 10 SO ITS YOUR BAD NOT THERES PLUS ANOTHER THING GOING TO CROYDON IS A MISTAKE IN ITS SELF SO SHUT THE F UP

3. evo nut

evo nut New Member

DKM,
    I get so fed with going in to the croydon branch that i don't bother now. I only use the website, as the trade counter, isn't worth the effort going to, i'd rather drive to yeovil and pick the goods up myself less stressful.
    For example went in screwfix last tuesday, arrived 8.10. 1 serving, waited till 8.45 to be served ( only 2 people in front of me, 1 polish, that another story.) gave the lady my product code, she told me in stock, i paid waited another 10 minutes then the picker came out to tell me that there wasn't in any stock. then had to wait a further 15 minutes for a refund.
    resulted in me getting p'is'd off and went to b & poo instead and got what i wanted, althought double the cost!
    screwfix trade counter croydon = a BIG NO
    evonut

4. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Moaning about the Screwfix Trade Counters seems to be the favourite topic of conversation on my trade counters at the moment - apart from the football and leering at the girls in the office.

5. Ion Transient

Ion Transient New Member

> and leering at the girls in the office.

except in your case it's the boys you leer at

6. bossyboy

bossyboy New Member

"watch your invoice for errors" if you write the correct number in the first place there would be no problem, the last 2 numbers dictate the price as it identifies the catalogue/leaflet so read/write them correctly problem solved ! dont blame the staff for your mistake!

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I thought the customer was always right?

8. bossyboy

bossyboy New Member

no the customer is not alwasy right! do you really expect staff to read your mind and know what book/leaflet you have been looking at ? sometimes there is no one to blame but yourself this "lets blame everyone else for our mistakes" is a very childish way to go on.i wish people would take responsability for their actions and stop moaning.

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

i wish people ( Screwfix Staff included!)would take responsability for their actions and stop moaning.

by the way, don't let britishblue read your posts - the spelling is awful. :^O

10. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

"I thought the customer was always right?"

Yes, absolutely - even when they are not!

It is most important that staff learn to respect and listen to customers, then and only then, will the customers begin to return that respect.

Trade business is built on trust and confidence between staff and tradesmen. Bad staff will destroy a business very quickly. Good staff can transform a business with a bad reputation.

The customer is king - forget this at your peril.

11. bossyboy

bossyboy New Member

my apologys for my spelling cptn squeaky maybe i should just write scathing one liners like you less chance to make errors then!

12. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

"apologies " - note the spelling ! Accepted :)

13. CRS - Ross

CRS - Ross New Member

resulted in me getting p'is'd off and went to b & poo
    instead and got what i wanted, althought double the
    cost!

Evo Nut - b & poo have a price promise dependant on distance between 'potential' suppliers, so if like me, Trade Counter is about a mile from b & poo, but b & poo easier to get to, I abuse the price promise and get the goods at Screwfix price. When, and they do, complain, I just remind them that Screwfix and b & poo have, or had - not sure now, the same parent company so I'm still feeding the same coffers!

14. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Ross -

ahh, thats interesting didn't know about that how do you go about getting a price match then?

evo nut

15. CRS - Ross

CRS - Ross New Member

sorry Evo, was waiting for b&poo to reply to my email. The long and short is that you need to go to the cust' services desk, with your receipt and proof of it being cheaper elsewhere, within 10 miles. Sometimes they get upset at SF being cheaper and so say that it is excempt from the price promise. This is what I was wanting b&poo to email about and there is no mention of that being the case.
    The details of Price Promise are as follows. If you buy from b&poo and then find the same product (or equivalent if B&Q Brand) available locally for less, even if it is a sale or special offer price they'll not just match that price, but beat it by a further 10%.
    (Quote from email) "All we ask is that the lower price is generally available to any potential customer and that you call back within 14 days. In the event that you find the same product cheaper in another B&Q we will be pleased to match the lower price.
    Products should be in stock in the same quantity and in equivalent condition. Our staff must be able to verify the price if required by means such as advertising, quotation or verbally from our competitors. Locally means within a 10-mile radius of our store. We do not Price Promise against services, retail, wholesale or warehouse clubs requiring membership, Internet or mail order companies. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with discount cards."

Another to watch for is the price of products vary between outlets, so you can get b&poo to price match it's own prices! Now that's mad!!

:)

16. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Ross -
    Thanks for the info will remember that for the future.
    many thanks
    evo nut

17. CRS - Ross

CRS - Ross New Member

18. DKM

DKM New Member

You do not know what you are talking about

If You tell the staff for a product its them that has to input the offer code not the customer

Also how can the staff putting the wrong code on a product also be the customers fault ???

Don't talk about things that you don't understand

I see this all the time when I do go to the branch, customers are always saying this is not what I ordered

So for all other customers make sure you check to see if they have given you the correct product and price, don't expect to be given the product at the price advertised on the wall if its on special

19. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

"make sure you check to see if they have given you the correct product and price, don't expect to be given the product at the price advertised on the wall if its on special"

It's a bit basic for a retailer to get this wrong.

Come on Screwfix, sort your trade counters out please.

20. BobDaBulder

BobDaBulder New Member

[Edited by: admin5]