Watching Britbox on TV

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Jun 21, 2020.

1. My wife asked if we could have britbox so signed up for the 30 day's free trial to see how she get's on.She watches it on her laptop but I do not like watching TV on a computer.Is it posssible to watch it on TV I thought maybe I could use my Amazon TV Fire Stick would that be possible and is there a app I need to download.My TV is a Sony Bravia

2. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Do you have amazon prime?

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just install birtbox app on firestick. It's there as just looked

4. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Far as I can see most of this stuf& is available free albeit with ads on the appropriate channels streaming service rather than altogether in one

5. I am afraid we do not have Amazon prime it is not worth paying £79 for something we would probably never use.

6. Would we need to have Prime to do that Thank's

7. Thanks for that and have found the app but it but it says when signed in enter the code number below into your tablet or computer.I have signed in on my laptop where do I enter that code number.

8. I thought I had found the answer on Google where it said go to www.britbox.co.uk/code and enter code which appears on the TV screen but cannot see anywhere to enter the code.It is asking me to sign in but even when signed in there is no option to enter the code. Can you advise

9. I have finally managed to get Britbox on the TV just one small problem I had to enter code number which appeared on the TV screen into a box which appeared on the following screen.
    www.britbox.co.uk/code.But if I sign out it seems I have to enter a new code to enable to sign in again.Strange.What happens if my wife has signed out on her laptop how does she sign in again.

10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I don't use but the code maybe so both tv and pc are linked so you can watch the programs like series in order. Both devices linked to same account. Don't sign out I guess.

11. jameswills

jameswills Member

You can do what I used to do if your laptop supports it and run an HDMI cable and use the laptop and a duplicate screen onto the TV. The quality won't be as good though.