Water ingress Bi-Fold door

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Grant Lithgow, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Grant Lithgow

Grant Lithgow Member

Hi I am looking to install an ACO drainage channels for my bi-fold doors. Before I install them I currently have water ingress into the house see pictures. Do you think once the DPM inside is turned up, screed poured. Outside threshold drain installed will this stop happening?

Or do I need to stop it before installing your drainage channel. I have used CT1 on it but the water is still coming in from driving rain between the bottom of the door and DPC.

I choose not to have a sill on the door so patio is flush with door.

door 1.jpeg door 2.jpeg door 3.jpeg door 4.jpeg

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Yes thrum the dpm up on the inside it should be ok

Grant Lithgow likes this.
  3. ejenner

ejenner Active Member

Pictures from further back would be useful. Can't really get the context of the problem when all the images are so close.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

No what would have stopped that would be the doors installed further to the outside and sat on a course of plinth bricks, not the cack the builder has currently done. You'll still get water coming in even with the Aco drain in place.

5. Grant Lithgow

Grant Lithgow Member

There must be a way to seal it

6. Grant Lithgow

Grant Lithgow Member

The inside and outside will be at flush threshold so driving rain will not be able to get to join where water is getting in.

Was going to cut back the dpm thats on the outside so if any water that gets between Aco drain and door goes down the cavity not under the door.

With dpm turned up in the inside with 60mm of screed not stop water getting in?

How do others people do it with Zero threshold ?