Water leak repair flooring help

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Bazza1687, Oct 12, 2021.

  1. Bazza1687

    Bazza1687 Member

    I'm in a first floor flat, my balcony window has been leaking which has now been resealed. The floor has been damaged and needs and needs a few boards replacing. The sub floor is a concrete pad, sitting on this is 47mm x 38mm batons with floorboards on top. Under the batons is some sort of padding about 10mm thick it looks a bit like chipboard but is much softer. I don't know what its called or where to find it, in parts it has rotted away completely, so I need to get hold of some or something similar. Pictures of a healthy part and rotten part attached.

    Healthy part.jpg

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice