Water pipes in concrete floor

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jonathan arscott, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Hi i am starting to replace my bathroom and also knocking down a wall and putting a new stud wall i have an issue where all the water pipes in the bathroom are under a concrete floor and the location of the pipes will not work with the new bathrrom i am putting in as i am moving the location of the bath and sink. How would i work out which pipes go where from the boiler which is located on the other side of the bathroom wall.

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Run the hot tap and see what pipe gets warm.

3. thank you was going to do that but just wanting to make sure i get it right have just looked at my boiler and i have 5 pipes going into the concrete floor i presume i will have a cold feed and return a hot feed and return but not sure on the 5th pipe

4. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Gas ;)

retiredsparks likes this.
  5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

1 gas
    1 Ch flow
    1 CH return
    1 cold mains in
    1 Hot Water out
    Just wondering about the condensate pipe ?
    RS

6. Also the pipe from the Pressure Release Valve.

7. might be a stupid question but where would the gas be going to in the bathroom

8. The Teach

Post a photo showing the pipe connections under your boiler :rolleyes:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  9. This is a picture of the pipes going into ground and the bathroom is to the right on the other side of a wall

Attached Files:

10. The Teach

From left to right.

Cold mains,
    Central Heating flow or return,
    Central Heating return or flow,
    Hot water to taps,
    Cold mains,

Feeling the floor when running hot water and central heating could find the pipe route or with a damp sponge rubbed over the tiles,the pipes below will dry the damp sponged area.
    Hopefully the cold pipes are in the same route.

The gas pipe takes a different route :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  11. ok thanks the 2nd and 3rd pipes are warm would that make sense counting from left to right

12. The Teach

yes they are central heating pipes,

13. ok great my plan is to run completly new pipes into the bathroom as the water pipes and radiator pipes are all under a concrete floor

14. if i am running new pipes from left to right what would i be running them to just so i have something that i can follow

15. Speak English for kryust's sakes.

Anyhoo, why the tease? Show us the gawddamned boiler, and the pipes come whence forth.

16. i have put a picture of the pipes coming from the boiler

17. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Does the 4th pipe from left get hot when you run hot water tap ??

18. yes the 4th pipe gets hot when the hot top for sink is run cant run bath tap as i have removed the bath

19. Where? In your head?

20. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

So the pipes shown in your pic are not the pipes that you intend to move , but pipes that are in your bathroom need to be moved ,is that correct ?