Water Running Under Conservatory

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by mcfc4heatons, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mcfc4heatons

mcfc4heatons New Member

Looking for some advise please, had decking removed at rear of house to reveal hole at bottom of conservatory wall. Water is running under the conservatory when it rains.

The conservatory does have a manhole/grid underneath it which has access/capped. Should I be worried about water running down there under the conservatory, should I block the hole off, will the water readily find its way to the drains anyway or could it cause damage?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

if you have had no probs before all thats changed is that you are a bit nervous do not fret

3. ecoplumbing

ecoplumbing Active Member

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a blocked drain, manhole shouldn't of been built over, seen this a lot with builders taking shortcuts. Just wondering if that's a concrete lintel on the pic and if the manhole is under there? I'd investigate it further just in case it is a blocked drain, dye testing may help if you've got a drain to put the dye down?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Blocked drain,possible conservatory wall settlement cracking pipe.
    Agree with EP,it's always sloppy work building over a manhole,should be avaoided,can cause so many problems.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    stuart44 likes this.