Waterproofing walls around bath

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by AIR, Nov 5, 2019.

1. AIR

AIR New Member

Hi,
    I have moved to a new build home recently that came with half tiled walls...now I am planning to decorate the bathroom and wondering if Dulux bathroom paint is good enough to make the walls around bath waterproof, as they are prone to water splashes??
    Thanks

2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Should be able to take minor splashing comfortably and condensation issues.

3. Amir Irshad

Amir Irshad New Member

Thanks. it’s unfortunately going to be bit more than minor splashes when kids are going to go to bath... but still better than the thin coat builders have done

4. Daveyyy

Daveyyy New Member

Yea it’s a soft sheen paint that is mould and moisture resistant. The paint will act as a barrier to stop paint soaking through. Vinyl silk is another option but has a high sheen.

5. Kas228

Kas228 Active Member

Any chance you can contact house builder or browse the internet and try to find exact match for tiles, that way you could extend the tiled area to your satisfaction. Then the kids can splash and have as much fun as they wish in the bath without you nagging them to stop splashing the paint !!!
    If not you could always get a contrast colour that will match.

6. AIR

AIR New Member

Thanks

7. AIR

AIR New Member

Thanks. Yes I’ve already contacted them and got the details of the tiles but because it’s a bigger project to tile the walls matching the existing tiles I might need to contact a tiler for a professional finish so I’ll probably do this later on. For a quick solution I’ll just use soft sheen Dulux. :)

8. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Acrylic Eggshell is the recognised paint for areas of high humidity and steam.

9. AIR

AIR New Member

Ok thanks