Watersmith Heritage Valencia pull out mixer kitchen taps

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by skiingscot, May 31, 2022.

1. skiingscot

skiingscot New Member

I purchased the above pullout mixer tap about 5 years ago and installed them in my kitchen. Had been working great and build quality compared to some of the rubbish on the market seemed really good. Up until a month or so again there was no issue but it appeared that the mixer was no longer defaulting to flow and was a mixture of standard flow and spray when the tap was turned on. if I held down the top button it would go back to flow and pressing (and releasing) the bottom button it held on full high powered spray.

the last week this has now gone to defaulting to high pressure spray on occasion and mix sometimes when the tap is on. The main issue is that under full spray the water goes everywhere if you are not careful.

I believe there is a 10 year warranty on this tap unit from Screwfix but is this likely knackered or is there a washer / component that can be replaced to fix the default flow and reinstate the normal opeartional state? Any assistance greatly appreciated. Cheers.

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

You could try pulling the hose out securing with a clothes peg and leaving it in some de-scaler for a while, might well be all that is sticking it.

3. skiingscot

skiingscot New Member

Cheers, will give it a try.
    Yea had taken the head off and given it a good soak in a descaling agent and hadnt made any difference sadly.

teabreak likes this.