Website Errors

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by LogonUnhappy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. LogonUnhappy

LogonUnhappy New Member

I was liking the new website until I tried to use it!

I had about 10 different items I wanted to order today,  (sat) for delivery on Monday. But some were only avaliable to collect and some were only available to get delivered..??

So I was on the 'My Basket' page moving the items around hoping to collect some today and get the rest delivered Monday.. And there was a website error, "internal sever erro" flashed up. I had to close the window and open it again... But htis time all I saw was the screfix logo and search box at the top with a few links and that was it. The rest of the page was blank. If I log out it all shows as it should. But log in again and I get this 90% blank screen... So now I can't order what was required, I can create a new account as the email address, Card info and delivery/invoice address will all match an exitsing account.

So I basically can use the screwfix website. Which as a business user who's been using screwfix for what must be over 10 years(?) this is all very frustrating.. I can get it from the local depot as stated earlier some items are collection only.

I've tried to contact SF direct but it seems they have no online assitance at weekends? Not even normal Saturday opening hours??

So I'm going to have to try and locate an alternative supplier!

Screwfix, please get whoever built your website to sort this out.

Am I the only one to have this problem??? I find that hard to believe.. 

2. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Yeah, it's just you.

Probably your goddam awful spelling crashed the web-site! :)

3. LogonUnhappy

LogonUnhappy New Member

Just to report back, Screwfix have contacted me and are looking into the issue and hope to resolve it soon.

Thumbs up from me!

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Don't hold your breath!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. bertiesly

bertiesly New Member

You're not alone mate, having the same problem here also. Page fine and site working well until i log in. After that everything from the search bar disappears and everything above has no function.

Have contacted Screwfix but still waiting for an outcome

6. glnta

glnta Member

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

7. kije

kije New Member

You're certainly not alone mate. Screwfix website is full of bugs. The latest muck up was when the online purchase had a hissy fit and didn't apear to process, but it did process with the delivery address on the order being ignored and the system pickintg up the default or primary address for delivery. Then to make things worse when I called within 2 minutes I was told 'don't worry the order didn't go through all I can see is an error message' but a confirmation email came in soon after. When I called again I was told that they could nothing about it and the delivery must be made, terms and conditions etc. So even though the on line system messed up I had to make a duplicate order on the phone and pay twice for goods needed ASAP. Screwfix has definitely gone downhill.

8. braikes

braikes New Member

Did you get a solution? I have the same problem here.

9. Mikeinho

Mikeinho New Member

I've had a similar problem recently when I click on the 'Trolley' icon.

It summarises there is 1 item in my trolley, but then there are no items listed. When I add an item, it then summarises there are 2 items (only 1 listed though). When I click on the checkout button, it reports there is an error, and I cannot complete the order process. In summary, I cannot use the online order system and need to call if I want to place an order. Bit annoying considering I'm working during office hours, and tend to do my ordering late at night.

Overall, I'm not impressed with the site. It used to be much simpler, and I've NOT found a single benefit to any changes they have made in the past few years. Come on Screwfix, employ a better site management team ***!

10. Mikeinho

Mikeinho New Member

Just called Screwfix to have this error corrected.

The helpful woman at the other end checked my account details, and said that it was probably because they had to "update the main delivery address". But my address has been the same for years, and was exactly as they had on the 'My Account' page. I'm not sure where she was getting her info from, but I wasn't satisfied with that explanation.

Anyway, it's still not working and I can't make an order online.

I think I'll take alternative action and create another account.

11. Chris.G

Chris.G New Member

I also have been struggling with the web ordering service, to no avail. I end up phoning them to place an order, and tell them the web site has failed, but it would appear that no-one really cares.

Yesterday i found it working, so placed an order for goods needed this week, but the site crashed or failed to confirm my order, then went on strike with only the search panel visible.

Today to add insult to indignation an email arrives pointing out that I have left items in my checkout basket. Fine thinks I follow the links and place the order, WRONG, the site will not log me in.

So Phoned my order in and paid, but cannot get the basket empty.

12. googlyhead

googlyhead New Member

I'm going to assume the website never really got fixed, as I'm currently getting this problem. I also got it last time I tried to order, and the time before...

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Googlyhead,, the site hasn't been the same since they moved over to this new "super improved" software. I couldn't log on to the forum (as lots of members couldn't)  I set up a new account for the forum. My old account is still active on the Screwfix website (for ordering etc, but I can't log into it. It won't let me set up a new account using my email account (as "this email account is already in use") I have requested a reset of my password, to no avail. Quite honestly I don't think SF are too bothered about people ordering stuff off the website any more. I reckon they'd rather people go to their "Trade Counters" (which never seem to keep the item you need in stock). One of the last items I actually ordered off the website was a canopy, costing over £700 (very happy with it too) , but I've now given up ordering off the website.
    They seem to be running the website, much the same way ,this and the previous government try to run the country (which is ,,, we ain't got a clue)

14. The Pink Panther

The Pink Panther New Member

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

15. googlyhead

googlyhead New Member

Great(!) Won't hold my breath then.
    Already gave up and ordered some of it off auction site and just going to a DIY store. For the rest; I guess I'll just have to see if they want my money or not.
    Regarding 'new improved software' - if that's the case, I hope they haven't paid the web designers then. At least until it gets fixed.

16. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

If you hold your breath, you will die, SIMPLES. Don't do it