wet retaining wall-can I paint it?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by 40w bulb, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

I bet George W Bush does'nt or that Scotch pratt Gordon Brown or Stephen Hawkins or all those nice City Gents who have been robbing everyone of their savings and pension funds

2. 40w bulb

40w bulb New Member

I'm not on the wind up! Just a slightly confused home owner. Just to confirm, the wall I want to paint is external garden wall at basement level, holding back the garden soil. Bedroom window looks onto this wall-drab and dreary view.

3. 40w bulb

40w bulb New Member

will follow Berties advice, thanks Bertie.

4. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

No probs, mate. All I would say is don't expect it to last forever. I've done loads of this type of wall in basements in London and sometimes you can get maybe a few years from it. Normally, the wall area isn't huge so it's no big deal to keep it looking fresh and white by painting every couple of years or so. Wait til the warm weather, cool yourself a few beers and enjoy a leisurely couple of hours with a well laden sheepskin roller in the sunshine

5. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

We sometimes cannot see the wood for the trees. Glad to have put people on the right tracks.

As BB says due to the site conditions you may have to dress it up 2 or 3 times a year. But the results should be worth the time.

IWS: Information With a Smile :)

6. jcts

jcts Active Member

no he said once every 2-3 years. not 2-3 times a year

7. T-C

T-C New Member

try WATERTITE from Zinnser great product. T-C

8. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

You are correct. I mistyped my sentence.

IWS: Information With a Smile :)

clink