Wet underfloor heating wiring

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Richie_max1, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Richie_max1

Richie_max1 New Member

hi,

I installed ufh a while back but didn’t wire up the pump or the 2 port manifold as I thought I’ll get an electrician to do it.

Now my problem is that I’ve had a couple of certified electricians over but they haven’t done it before. They’re not sure how to wire it up.

Currently I have a Baxi sole 30he with a 300l unvented indirect cylinder. The hot water and central heating works fine, using a hive hot water and heating thermostat.

So now I have a 2 port valve connected to the system that’s for the ufh and a pump on the manifold.

How would the wiring be done so the boiler turns on when the ufh asks for heat? Also would the pump on the ufh be switched live or normal live?

If there are any wiring diagrams that would be great, the place I bought the ufh system from are really unhelpful(not sure if I can mention them here).

Appreciate the help.

Rich

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    Is not too difficult to wire up, just a matter of understanding how it works,

First you need a stat to call for uf Heating,
    call it room stat sw live,
    The zone valve has 5 wires, Earth, neutral, permanent live, sw live to Boiler and sw live from stat to brown wire.

So, the stat call, sends power to the brown wire, this opens the valve and switches the pump on,

When the valve opens, a micro switch send power from the permanent live,( grey) to the Boiler sw live ( orange)
    And fires Boiler
    Hope that’s clear!. ?

Any problem get back

Regards
    Peter

3. Richie_max1

Richie_max1 New Member

Well I’ll show this to the electrician, hopefully it should make sense to him!!

Thank you

Rich

4. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Maybe a central heating technician who installs ufh would be a better bet,the existing gas ch/hw system may need tweking to cope with the additional heating load.