Wetroom drainage

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bathroom boy, May 21, 2010.

1. bathroom boy

bathroom boy New Member

Will be doing a couple of ground floor bathrooms, one a wet room,one a shower tray at floor level, but before I go any further I need to know what provision I need for the drains, this is a property under going a lot of extension work.
    110 plastic undergrond drain pipework has been left exposed below floor level outside for me to connect wastes from both one shower tray and one wet room tray, question is can I just tee ino the 110 with a 40m/m solvent weld boss and run back to the tray, do I need a rodding or inspection point? which would not that easy to conceal.

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

So long as the run is not excessive (below 3mm), there is no problem. Just do as you say and provide adequate fall for the pipes. If excessive run, increase to 50mm along the way to stack.

3. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Should read 3m, not 3mm:(

4. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Big fan of rodding points; and BCO's round here are too...

5. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Fit a rodding access to the drains,otherwise it will come back and bite you,guaranteed

6. bathroom boy

bathroom boy New Member

Thanks lads, now then will a 40m/m swept tee and an access plug suffice. Cheers