What’s this and where can I get one

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by walsie, Mar 14, 2019.

  1. walsie

    walsie New Member

    AB62B684-D4C0-44F6-B263-1DAAFDB8DA32.png It’s some kind of test or blow off valve positioned near my hit water tank, it’s started leaking so needs replacing
  2. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

  3. WillyEckerslike

    WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

    Don't you need to be a G3 plumber to remove/install it?
    Heat, Astramax and Honestly like this.
  4. ESPlumb

    ESPlumb Member

    Yes you do.

    When you say “leaking” do you mean it’s passing water? If so it could be indicating that there is a problem somewhere and the valve may just be doing it’s job.

    I’d recommend getting a G3 plumber to take a look and resolve your problem.
    longboat, Heat and Honestly like this.
  5. Honestly

    Honestly Member

    This is a pressure relief valve attached to the multi functional control valve associated to a unvented hot water cylinder

    I would strongly advise you to call in a registered and qualified plumber who is legally covered to carry out the work and do what is required to stop this valve letting by/ dripping.
    Believe it or not you may not even need a new valve if the expansion vessel requires charging - I’m going to say no more on the subject other than this

    If these are installed incorrectly or repaired with out lnowledge and understanding by a person who doesn’t have a clue what things are and why they are there these hot water cylinders are potentially a BOMB and explode with devistating results doing more damage than a gas explosion.

    If they are installed and repaired correctly they are safe as everything else - unfortunately idiots don’t install them or repair them correctly - be warned touching it is endangering lives and breaking the law
  6. gas monkey

    gas monkey Well-Known Member

    its a simple job drain down
    stip it down spring valve turn valve over to the unused side
    refit charge up job done
    sorry simle to me i usual if your not happy to do it then g3 is the way
  7. Astramax

    Astramax Well-Known Member

    Is KIAB bovvered! :p
    WillyEckerslike likes this.
  8. Heat

    Heat Well-Known Member

    Are you joking?
    That is illegal to work on.
  9. heatyman

    heatyman Well-Known Member

    So how do you know that the pressure is correct after the rebuild? If it still leaks, what do you do then? Put a 1/2" plug in the outlet? That will stop theleak, and make a potential bomb. Just hope you have time to unhitch your horse from the gatepost before it goes bang.
  10. gas monkey

    gas monkey Well-Known Member

    not for me
    blarblarblarblar and longboat like this.
  11. gas monkey

    gas monkey Well-Known Member

    no but i have seen a plug in a relief and told by the fitter it was leaking so did this until you got here
    check for lock up set it for whatever pressure you want or count turns if its not ben adjusted
    if still leaks new parts if orifice gone new body

Share This Page