what a brilliant idea

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by m x, Mar 30, 2010.

1. m x

m x New Member

ROLLS of laminate worktop edging!!!
    After first getting the conatct adhesive everywhere whilst trying to coat the strip ,I swear it seems to come alive! Then trying to apply constant pressure of about 50psi to the very ends of the worktop - enter duck tape/clamps/ standing on end. Do I need to buy a vaccum press just for this job now??
    They even roll the laminate in its holder the wrong way round!!! Just reverse it and these problems go away.

Well done pee&poo and any one else charging for this stuff that used to be free. You have now reinvented the wheel.
    I put these 'rolls' in the same catagory as mini roundabouts, rotozips, cats and Piers Morgan.......

TOTALY AND UTTERLY USELESS
    Rant over

2. The Arsenal Man

The Arsenal Man New Member

It sounds my friend as if you are lacking experience of the product

3. Born sleepy

Born sleepy New Member

Hey mx, Take out the required length of work top edging, roll it up the other way (fighting it all the way!) put it back in to the circular holder for around 1 or 2 hours, then 'Hey presto' when you remove it to contact adhesive up, its nice and flat and not like trying to hold down a wet baby seal, before clubbing it to death in anger and getting evo stick in the eye

4. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Sometimes you've just gotta smash inanimate objects up.

It's what they deserve and it makes you feel better.

Same goes for rotozips, cats and piers morgan.

5. mailee

mailee New Member

What contact adhesive are you using? it must be pretty * poor if you are having that much trouble?

[Edited by: admin]