What are these bits?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by candoabitofmoststuff, Jun 28, 2022.

  1. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

    Having a bit of a clearout in my garage workshop and have found loads of surplus leftover bits from fitting kitchens and bedroom units etc over the years for self and family...

    I'm going to offer most of it as a bulk job lot on freegle, but so I can accurately describe it can anyone tell me what the following bits are... I've had them so long I don't remember...

    I have a dozen or so of these... I assume they are spacers when fitting cupboard to the wall... but I've never used them. Is that right... cupboard spacers?

    These are obviously covers for something... I have Ultima drawers in my kitchen units, but can't fathom where these would go... Again, I have loads of these, probably about 2 dozen

    I have two of these "brackets"... They are obviously a bit "special as they are such an unusual shape. Any pointers?


    And finally this gizmo... I found all 4 bits in the same plastic bag, so I presume that they are related to each other somehow... but that's a big assumption!
    The small black thing is actually black plastic, not a small tack/nail.
    Again the metal component is obviously a "special", but what?


    Thanks in advance for any expert knowledge!

  2. Muzungu

    Muzungu Screwfix Select

    Are these not the clip on covers for kitchen cabinet hinges, they cover the adjustment screws and are often left off, or fall off. As for the rest I await with interest.
    just pumps likes this.
  3. just pumps

    just pumps Screwfix Select

    Photo 2, Ultima, are clip on covers for door hinges.
    BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  4. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

    Bloody obvious really. I've got soft closers on most of mine so that's why I didn't use them!
  5. ginger tuffs

    ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

    Items in picture 1 knock in to stop draws pulling to far out the black things cover wall cupboards fixing
  6. Resmond

    Resmond Active Member

    Brackets look like they could be for a hob, might be wrong on that tho
  7. kitfit1

    kitfit1 Screwfix Select

    Pic 1. spacers between base cab top back rail and the wall for very old MFI units.
    Pic 2. Hinge covers.
    Pic 3. Gas hob mounting brackets..................still used now lol.
    Pic 4.......................only god and the inventor knows :D
  8. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

    Thanks all.
    That's all a lot of help!
  9. Chris Curwen

    Chris Curwen Member

    Picture 4 look like spare parts off floor mounted wine chiller. Or similar appliance.

    The rest are accounted for.
  10. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

    Thanks... but no chance of that!
  11. FlyByNight

    FlyByNight Screwfix Select

    The fourth could be a hinge part to chage side for a fridge door with some extra reversed plastic covers. The "R" suggests right hand side ...
  12. Offshore

    Offshore Active Member

    You could always just throw them in the bin. Sod's Law says that within a day or so, you will need them urgently and hey presto, you'll know what they are for.
    Might send this one into Viz Top Tips.
    candoabitofmoststuff likes this.
  13. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

    You know what... That rings a very small old bell!
  14. Chris Curwen

    Chris Curwen Member

    Yesterday...... i saw you bits from Photo 4.

    There are reverse fitting hinge pivot and cover platesfrom a freestanding fridge or freezer.
  15. candoabitofmoststuff

    candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select


    Case closed on this I think!


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice