What are these blocks?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Electricblue36, Apr 2, 2021.

  1. Electricblue36

    Electricblue36 New Member

    We’ve just moved into a 1930s semi which is double glazed but has some aluminium secondary glazing too. There are these strange blocks between the two that I’ve never seen before. Any ideas what they are?

    Attached Files:

  2. Hager the Horrible

    Hager the Horrible Active Member

    Moisture traps?
    Electricblue36 likes this.
  3. Dan Parkinson

    Dan Parkinson Active Member

    Electricblue36 and Astramax like this.
  4. gadget man

    gadget man Screwfix Select

    Cribbage boards?..:)
  5. Astramax

    Astramax Super Member

    Seed trays?
    Electricblue36 and gadget man like this.
  6. JOMEL

    JOMEL Screwfix Select

    Long time since heard that Game.
    My old Aunt and Uncle used to play that for hours. Circa late 1940s.
    Hand drilled blocks of wood.
    And match sticks.
    They used to have old strange saying for scoring I belive.
    I must Google it now its on my mind.

    Johnny M
  7. Electricblue36

    Electricblue36 New Member

    Thanks everyone - doesn’t seem like they are an essential part of the window surround, they look like they’ve just been glued on top. We’ll pry a couple off and see.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice