What does the diverter valve do?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ivymic, Oct 8, 2009.

1. ivymic

ivymic New Member

Buying a new boiler for a friend of mine to fit for me (don't worry he's a gas safe engineer!). I've looked at the worcester bosch greenstar 12i which looks to be pretty good for the money. Can you tell me what the optional diverter valve is/does? will I need it? there's no info on their site. I'm guessing it's instead of a motorised valve but wondered if someone with a bit of knowledge could confirm.

Cheers

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

diverts water - it's optional 'cos it's unlikey you will ever need it!

3. Supra

Supra Member

Why is it unlikely that he'll need it?

4. mantor

mantor New Member

cos it's 'optional'.

5. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

if i remember correctly it is for the connection of a hot water cylinder, this is instead of a conventional y plan with separate 3 port and pump , does the boiler have a built in pump and exp vessel etc

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Correct, unlikely to be needed unless you are running a combi with a cylinder.

7. JGB Plumbing

JGB Plumbing New Member

I does exactly what has been said. It is a diverter valve for WBosch system boilers with a cylinder instead of the usual y or s plan valve set ups.

8. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Hi JGB Plumbing, it seems you registered 4 years ago and now you decide to make your first post, I love it.

9. mantor

mantor New Member

I like a man who doesn't rush into things.

10. musky1

musky1 New Member

I like a man who doesn't rush into things.

Why did you marry that old tart of yours so quick then?,up the duff? :^O :^O

11. ivymic

ivymic New Member

Yeah it's a system boiler, so pump exp. vessel all integral. I'm trying to reduce the amount of time the installation takes to get it done in a day (two blokes). I've got an old gravity system which I'm swapping over. Looks like this valve will be a good idea as far as saving time on labour goes.

Cheers for replies.