What ECS Card would I need to get into the industry?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Deleted member 176520, Oct 12, 2018.

1. So I am after a bit of advice from anyone that has previously had, or has an ECS Card. I was told to sit the ESC H&S Exam, passed it. I am currently doing a Level 2 C&G 2365 Course, but I am looking to get a card so that I can apply for roles as a Mate or Trainee.

I am not sure what card to apply for? Any help would be great.

2. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

I’m pretty sure they don’t do a Mate card.
    I believe your options are Labourer, which would not allow you to do anything electrical on site.
    Then there's Apprentice or Trainee.
    I think, unless you are apprenticed to a JIB registered company, you will have to apply for trainee.

3. The Mate card is an Electrical Labourer. I have tried the Electrical Trainee - Stage 2. It says:

The qualifications you have supplied do not support your request for the grade of Trainee Electrician (Stage 2). 0" class="" style="box-sizing: border-box;">You may be missing:

via Employers Sponsorship with Level 2 Knowledge (All of) :

Employer’s sponsorship for Training Employment I have this (click to add it)
    and
    Level 2 Technical Knowledge Click here to Hide examples
    • EAL Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Level 2 I have this (click to add it)
    • C&G 2351 Units 1,2,3,4 I have this (click to add it)
    • Units ELTK 01 to 05 of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment) I have this (click to add it)
    • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) Click here to hide examples
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Highway Electrical System I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Electrical Maintenance I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Electrotechnical Panel Building I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Electrical Machine Repair and Rewind I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Installation (Buildings & Structures) I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Tech. (2330) - Installing Instrumentation & Associated Equipment I have this (click to add it)
    • C&G 236 Part One Click here to hide examples
      • C&G 236 Part One (1981-1988) I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G 236 Part One - Electrical Installation Competencies (236001 or 2367) achieved between 1990 and 1994 I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G 236 Part One - Certificate in Electrical Installation Work (2361) achieved between 1989 and 1993 I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G 236 Part One - Electrical installation Theory & Practice Part One (236005) achieved between 1995 and 2008 I have this (click to add it)
      • C&G 236 Part One - Electrical Installation Theory Part One (236005) achieved between 1995 and 2008 I have this (click to add it)
    I am going to message the place where I am doing my Level 2, I finish it in 5 weeks. But the main question is how do you get Employer’s sponsorship for Training Employment

It seems rather odd that in order to get the experience you need a card, but they are putting so many roadblocks in place to stop you, from doing it.