WHAT HAPPENED ?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by FlyByNight, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Forum disappeared on, I believe Tuesday, and finally back this morning (Monday).

No word or comment from site admin or moderator. It would have been nice to have been warned about the closure, or if a failure, something more on the remaining front page. And what about comment now when the site is back - so afar SILENCE.

Squashrobinson and bond007 like this.
  2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

There was something on Twitter, 5 day maintenance.

3. bond007

bond007 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, I was in the middle of a project and had to put it on hold.

Was told by screwfix social media team, it was taken down for maintenance.

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Perhaps a snowflake objected to the name!:rolleyes:

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  5. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Has to be something to do with electricians arguing over a light switch

6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

If maintenance - why no warning? And 5 days - no way! Can you imagine the main site being down for "5 days maintenance". An hour or two - yes. Even stretch to 4 hours, by 5 days, no way. Even a fatal crash could be brought back in a couple of hours using backups, or if a major hardware problem a little longer.

7. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Do you think other forces are at work here ?

fff likes this.
  8. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Attempted coup by Toolstation? ;);););)

Joe the Plumber and Sparkielev like this.
  9. robgul

robgul Active Member

My guess is that there may have been some sort unwanted filtration by rogue posters . . . . over the past few weeks there have been a number of "new members" that have posted irrelevant stuff and offensive replies.

I run a couple of websites and it's happened to me - a few off-the-wall posts and then an out and out attack that sticks offensive content (usually fanatic related or "gentlemen's assistance" products) on the front of the site . . . then need to do a bit of refreshing which means down-time.

10. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

11. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

SQL or Oracle DB Are nasty if infected with Seagull Or Penguin Poo

12. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yeah strange really, the forum suddenly not being available, way, way longer than any previous maintenance sessions, only a very brief message giving no real details, no further updates given, no idea when forum would return and even ‘if’, but,,,,,,,, hey ho, worse problems happening at the moment in the ‘Real World’

What with recent events we’ve all had to deal with, hopefully we can all get over this latest major inconvenience and return to the new ‘Normal’ that will/has become everyday life

Stay strong peeps

Be brave, take a deep breath, grab your balls and man up guys and get on with life :)

masterdiy likes this.
  13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

in a taxi. ;)

Sparkielev likes this.
  14. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

FTFY

15. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

WHO?????????

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Don't think the upgrades been successful one bit as Troll all over the forum tonight!

17. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Not sure it was an Update, more of a clean out...I am guessing....yep Trogs are back