What has Brexit taught us?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

The Law of Unintended Consequences may have a say in this political omnishambles, too.
    Leaving the EU might enable European countries grow into a more coherent union and help them fight off the growing threat from the far-right. Even Nostradamus wouldn't attempt a prediction on what could happen from this point in time as there's so many possible timelines to unravel.
    I still prefer to be in Europe, with a veto to prevent any further attempts by these neo-fascists in Hungary, Italy and Poland from ganing a foothold.

Vixere and chippie244 like this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I take it that the monkey spanker won't be replying to my post on leaving then.

3. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Puh-lease!

I’ve had enough of this “growing threat of the far right” conspiracy nonsense from DA/AS/Vix without you adding fuel to this non-existent fire.

We’ll know that there’s a global far right problem long before it becomes a problem as we’ll see the warning signs before that ever happens.

Signs like moderate MPs being shot in street, people being killed for worshipping a different God or the children of political opponents being massacred en masse. Until that happens it’s fake news.

Wait, what?

Jord86, longboat and Vixere like this.
  4. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

Looks like Turkey and the Ukraine are finally making moves away from populist and right-wing nationalism.

And there's glorious Great Britain being ohIcannotbearit... :(

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Populist and right-wing = anyone with a different opinion than you...and you have all the answers!

longboat likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What does that mean to a populist right winger?

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Is that an implication about myself Chippie?

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not at all, you implied that a populist or right winger was anyone who had a different opinion to you but that only works if you are not a populist or a right winger.
    Which are you?

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It doesn't matter whether or not i like the fact that his words are immaterial or not.
    They just are.
    Parliament voted by a huge majority to enable a referendum on, EU membership.
    They all voted in favour, bar the SNP.

The relevance, or accuracy, of what he said is a mute point at this stage as we've already voted in the referendum, so it is 'immaterial'.

Please do. At least you will be sure of the person you quote this time.
    I genuinely share your belief that a good majority of MP'S are in it for the good of their constituents. They are howether,
    easily corrupted by party policy and whipped into shape when the need arises, as we've seen - especially so - on the labour side during the recent 'pointless' motions.

Im absolutely assured that 'your' definition of a hypocrite is wrong.

Playing games with democracy is not the response any member of the voting public wants to hear or witness in action, well, i would have hoped so, but it appears that a minority are all for it lately.

10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

No.

I was referring to DA, not myself.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are a no?

12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

What does that mean Chippie?

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You seem confused.

14. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

A lot of it stinks, Longsie - I agree. But once Cameron unleashed the ref on us - and got the result he didn't expect - MPs simply had no choice but to vote the way they did. They did it ultimately for the right reason.

I don't like that they had to do it this way, but I understand why they had to. They knew it would take time to turn the boat around.

Oh, and the recent motions are anything but pointless, as you'll discover. It's a delicate balancing act, but our MPs are playing it remarkably well. All this shouting by business leaders and others that parliament has seemingly lost its head and they are all a confused disgrace is nonsense.

You surely understand why they simply cannot just all vote en masse with their true conscience; rabid brexiteers would shout foul. They would risk being Dominic Grieved.

They have to play this game because - ironically - it's the brexiteers who don't understand what a sovereign parliament is. Weird, huh?

Bless the MPs, for they are doing the right thing.

15. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

Talking of Dominics, I see your Cummings is being as evasive as an evasive thing. What has he got to hide?

16. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Nope. You’re spinning again. The last time we chatted, about ‘the situation’, you started to spin.Today, I asked a question, and you gave an ambiguous answer. Why spin, when it’s much easier to give a reasoned reply.

longboat likes this.
  17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

CGN after dealing with rabid idiots on here for so long it's easy to forget that some people aren't just trying to score a point, I apologise sincerely. :oops::oops:

18. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

(You 'liked' that, Longsie?)

I don't have all the answers. Lots of factions have different views to me.

Now, if you would care to repost allowing for these corrections, we'll have a look at what's left of your original statement. That'll be an '!'.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I was already typing my apology before you posted.

20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It’s a simple and basic tactic to call someone an idiot in a debate. You’ve now edited your original reply.