What is this for?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by steve669, Jun 29, 2020.

  1. steve669

    steve669 New Member

    Evening all, I moved into my new house (not a new build) a while ago and this was in the garage next to the boiler. It looks like a key for something but I can't work out what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. sharkey_2k

    sharkey_2k Member

    At first it looked like part of a cupboard door opener thingy but could be an arm/leaver from some sort of motorised/actuator arm

    Could be to open a flap in a duct or something like that

    METRO MARK Active Member

    Looks like part of a up and over garage door.
    Have you got up and over door ?
  4. CraigMcK

    CraigMcK Screwfix Select

    Agree it looks like part of the latch mechanism from a garage door handle
  5. steve669

    steve669 New Member

    Thank you for the replies. It is part of the garage door opening mechanism. It was really bugging me as I knew I had it seen one before but just couldn't place it, it was left under the boiler with all the bits for the water softener and the long key for the stopcock out the front of the house, that is what threw me off.

Share This Page