What is wrong with the Tories?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Captain Leaky, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

OK. No need for a war and peace reply ( DA that means you )

Thatcher understood that for Tories to govern she needed blue collar workers. Like me. Like my Dad. To vote for her  -  so she flogged us our council houses cheap and we have loved here ever since.

This dopey lot think that only old Etonians and millionaires have votes that are are worth courting.

They may well find that come the next election that is uncomfortably true.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Boris aside - I just find him fascinating - they really are very out of touch. Maybe they believe the Daily Mail is gospel or something.

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Its not just that they are simply out of touch with reality. They really do seem obsessed with their own little clique to the detriment of all others.

4. I despair of the British electorate.

First, Clegg turns the Libs around on the basis of a couple of televised head-to-head debates with the other leaders. From a complete nobody, he gets - what? - a quarter? a third? of the votes just because he made a point of writing down the names of the audience members who asked the Qs so's he could address them directly by name. Jeepers - how American is that?

And Boris is actually getting away with his carefully-contrived act - the bumbling buffoon with the common touch. (Before his early appearances on NIGNFY, for example, after being through the make-up process, he'd look in the mirror and carefully ruffle his hair to make it look untidy.) The guy is very clever, very calculating, and out for... himself.

And now the Scottish gov has won the concession of being able to include 16 & 17-year olds in the independence vote. Jeeeezzzuuusss.

If the general electorate is pretty stupid - and they are - then 16 and 17 year olds are even more so. Ok, 'stupid' might be a bit unfair, but I mean politically naive. At that age you are either completely cynical or completely idealistic. Usually both at the same time. Allowing them to make such an important decision is baaaaaad news.

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

What could possibly be bad about getting rid of Scotland once and for all?

6. Littlehamptonchap

Littlehamptonchap New Member

Nave I Got News For You is great, but I prefer Nave I Got Old News For You...... cos I'm old.

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

..and you have  a little hampton

8. Littlehamptonchap

It's nearly winter.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

What's the alternative though? New Labour and Milibland taxing everyone till the pips squeak? Do you want old Gordie back in charge of the economy? He'll probably go straight to the pawn shop with what little remains of our gold reserves and increase benefits with the cash, whilst asking us working people to accept a pay freeze.
    If I were in government, I'd look at ways to keep British money ,within the UK. Europe be damned with the billions we give them so freely (and get very little in return, apart from demands for even more money). Foreign aid would all but stop( specially to India and Pakistan, two nuclear nations, one even has a space program the UK can only dream about) . Border controls would be tightened up so all and sundry couldn't leak through. Asylum seekers would be told in no uncertain terms that if they seek asylum here, then they'll have to work for a bloody living, instead of depending upon state handouts. I'd make the UK as unattractive a  place to seek asylum in, as the rest of Europe seems to be.

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I can't say "any of the above" are terribly attractive. :(

Politics can't stand a vacuum though. Thats when tyrants, dictators and despots come to power.

Salmond for PM ? :)

11. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Boris seems to be filling the vacuum all on his own.

12. joinerjohn1

I like the bumbling buffoon. He's a lot more likeable than Ken Livingstone could ever hope to be. ;)

13. Littlehamptonchap

I've been trying to fill my vacuum for nearly a month now.

Nothing sucks like an Electrolux.

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

what's wrong with the tories? well whatever it is, labour have a good helping of it as well, take, tax,and look after one's self, that liberal barmpot makes some good sounding policies, but its all talk, he's no better, what we actually need is a bear gills sort of leader, A 'don't rely on others' policy, find your own food or die, make your own camp,and never let wimmin take control, He could lead us out of this mess,

15. joinerjohn1

Tomp,,, you do realise that Bear Grylls, stays in top class hotels and only makes out, he sleeps in deer carcases/dead elephants/polar bears etc etc . Thye wait until it's just dark then film him climbing into such things, then pack the equipment up until morning and head back to the 5 star hotel and drink the bar dry till morning. They then head out in the morning and film him apparently waking up inside the dead elephant/polar bear/deer. He then makes out he drinks the contents of the dead animals bladder/rectum, because "You'd die of thirst if you didn't do this." :eek:  What a bloody fake he is.
    If he were prime minister, we'd all be living in tents , whilst he stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. ;)

16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I should have known really :'(

17. Nope - they're completely real. And I'm the world champ.

18. joinerjohn1

You mean the WWF series (or whatever it's called now o) on Sky 1 ?? Bloody real that is Tomp. I watched the other day as Chris Benoit got shredded to a pulp by Triple H. He smashed a metal chair over his head, then trapped his arms in a ladder, before jumping off the top ropes right on to his b****ks. Eeeh tha knerrs. Mick McManus could never av dun that tha knerrs. Big Daddy couldn't av even climbed up ter't fost rope far less t'top un. Giant aystacks were a gentle bloke compared to these real wrestlers (tha knerrs)

19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the best all time champion was les kellet, one of the old timers, about the same time as mick mcmanus etc,,,he used to play injured, staggering about like he was about to fall, then like a coiled spring he would jump back into action, he'd forearm smash them to the ground and pin um down for the count wwwwwooooneaaa tttttttwwwwwwooooooooaaaa, thhhhhrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaa,

20. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Get on yer bike Thomas......Lance has gone to pot so you are in with a chance