What really grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by leesparkykent, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Escalators go up (they escalate), whereas travellators just go along, not really up.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Not all "foreign" call centres are bad.

Take Accor Hotels for example.

I book loads of rooms with them every year ranging from Ibis Budget for work through to Novotels for trips with mates to proper nice ones with the family.

They have a great callback service where you put your number in and they instantly ring you back 24/7.

Its a centre based I think in India but it is absolutely superb.

Sorts issues straight away.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

My hates:

Pedestrians:
    • walking slowly with head down as they're looking at their phone/texting/not watching where they're going
    • stopped in the middle of a door/entrance so blocking the way.
    • Smoking while walking in front of me, all their exhaled smoke goes in my face
    • Smoking outside buildings, blowing horrid smoke in my way, throwing their stubs on the ground
    • The yoof walking in the morning, Cig in one hand, red bull in the other, looking miserable with no aim in life.
    • Idiots with their trousers half way down their backside (don't see this as much now)
    Cyclists (I am one BTW)
    - Jumping red lights
    - riding on the pavements
    - ignoring any other "rule" in the highway code.

Tetchy bu$$ger ain't I !!

KIAB likes this.
  4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Raise you this, people chucking rubbish out of cars. Does my head in! If they are parked it goes straight back through the window/sunroof if I am in a bad mood or "I think you dropped this mate" if I am in a better mood

As for cyclists.

Spitting at all, expecially in towns or villages.
    Littering energy gel sachets.
    Swearing as they cycle through towns or villages.

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Littering at all gets my goat, no excuse at all for it, just take it with you until you find a bin, or take it home.

Yes with you there, although there is sometimes a need to clear ones nose (aka "snot rocket") but do it discreetly.

I think the main issue causing cyclists to behave in the way most do, is the relatively high levels of testosterone. I'm always amazed how many club cyclists are on the aggressive side, that's coming from a club cyclist.

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I was on Cabrera the smallest of the Balearic Islands last month. When moored up we were approached by the guy who managed the island. First thing he said was " Welcome to the island, we have absolutely no rubbish bins or waste disposal facilities, everything you have with you goes back with you"

Thats my kind of place!

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Bushmans hanky is different. Thats a legitimate bodily function!

Hawking up snot and spit is another thing. Just swallow it. It s not toxic!

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I do absolutely everything I can to recycle as much as possible workwise.

Sort all my plastic and card, weigh in my scrap, keep the firewood and have a long list of mates, customers etc who are looking for various things.

Stops waste and also keeps me in touch with people workwise.

The number of times I drop off a bag of firewood or shavings and the recipient says they have been meaning to ring me about a job!

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

People not recycling what they can and should is another pate hate of mine...its lazy, ignorant and selfish.

10. facilities

facilities Guest

The craze for ripped jeans

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ripped legging are even worse.

Whats next?

Tramps shoes?

Shirts with ironing burns?

iron.jpg

Edit. They already exist it seems.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

People on travellators in airports who just stand on them, instead of walking along them. The idea is to get you through to your gate as quick as possible, not rest yer bloody legs.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

People standing on the left, either on escalators or travelators!! :mad:

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

That may be because they are foreign and they tend to walk on the right as they do when driving, cant blame them for that, once your in a foreigh country you become "that person".:D:D

15. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I should have said...people standing on the left especially when everyone else is standing on the right :mad:

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Bigots who when challenged claim you're the bigot.

17. facilities

facilities Guest

Chippie is this a generalisation or have you anyone in mind? Just wondering

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is that rhetorical facs 'cos this is :)

19. facilities

facilities Guest

No that’s fine chips, I wasn’t expecting an answer from you

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You got an answer :confused::confused: