What should I use to fill the gap between my door frame and floor?

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by AnnaSuffolk, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Ok, well plan B then, have you not contacted the sales department of the head office of your housebuilder to register your complaints? I know the two year defects period has passed, but your situation isn't defective, it's disgraceful. As earlier stated, although the NHBC are largely toothless, if you make enough fuss and turn on pressure in the head office to make them sit up and listen, they should hopefully send their maintenance team around to sort your issues.

2. AnnaSuffolk

AnnaSuffolk New Member

Indeed I have. I just got the standard lines about my rights within two years. They are very adept at brushing off customers once they have your cash, they don't even have Twitter to voice your complaints publicly and they quickly delete any negative past customer comments on Facebook.

3. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Who are the housebuilders?

4. AnnaSuffolk

AnnaSuffolk New Member

Bloor

5. AnnaSuffolk

AnnaSuffolk New Member

If I do manage to fill in the gaps under the frames with mortar, will this be sufficient to structurally support the door or will it need to be looked at professionally do you think? X

6. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Depends on how big the gap is. For small gaps mortar is fine (it's what holds bricks together after all). If the gap is quite large then there would be a tendency for the mortar to crack so something like brick slips or quarry tiles could be added to take up some of the space thus creating a mini brick wall.

LGC likes this.