What tool to cut the thread of a drawer pull

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by J Ellis, Jan 21, 2019.

1. J Ellis

J Ellis New Member

Advice needed please. I need to buy a tool that will cut a drawer pull thread. I cut 10+ at a time, as I refinish furniture. With some pulls, I can fix it in the drill and use a hack saw, this is perfect. However recently my new supply of pulls have shorter threads and the threads are attached to the knob, so they don't sit in the drill far enough to be secure.
    I googled, and saw lots of videos suggesting wire strippers, it looked great. I was passing a wickes and popped in to buy their only pair. Disaster, there was no way they would cut. My husband also tried, but with no luck. Probably a naff pair.
    Anyway, I now feel that I need something stronger (not just in alcohol) perhaps some wire cutters. Please could you advise me on which to purchase. Thanks in advance.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Small vice... You can get all different sizes and some have a clamp to fit to bench so can be removed for storage. Small craft vice saw will work as you need to hold it firm.. Also get a dremel to cut.. Small cutting disc will be a useful tool for you

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Craft vice & junior hacksaw......No need for a Dremel.