What van to buy?

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by ccasement, Jan 7, 2012.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Robin Reliant cost I hate rust. And I can fit 12 score of blow up dolls in the back

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ford Mondeo Estate, 04 model, 6 months MOT, £300. Got it cheap 'cos the engine management light was on, filled up the screenwash bottle and it went out. :cool::cool::cool:

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

That's a result. You ok after your crash?

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

All fine thanks but I drive a bit slower now and I am more circumspect near dodgy drivers.

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Good good.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You should buy a Volkswagen. Great fuel efficiency figures and emissions (unless you disable the electronics) :D:D:D:D

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I have a transporter. Nice van. But that's my recreational van cos I don't like cars.
    I like the new ford custom though. Their largest in this van has over 8cu/m of load space. And 40mpg.
    Not too shabby!

Not sure if its 4 wheel drive though like the transporters.

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Sometimes it works out well once had a £300 ford granada. Keys to the ignition and the doors were different, number plate on the car didn't match the one etched in the glass. I ran for 12 months, my brother for 18 apart from MOT and Tax never spent a penny on it. Only got rid of it because my brother snapped the key in the ignition then sold it for scrap for £120. Never been so lucky with a works vehicle since

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

And I bet someone Sospan bought it off the scrapper and got a few more years out of it! Some vehicles never die!