What version of leave is acceptable as leave?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 26, 2019.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What are the red lines?

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is anyone going to answer?
    There seem to be a lot of different definitions.

3. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

At least this thread recognises we are looking at leaving.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm just trying to understand others point of view but it usually gets hijacked.
    What would you accept as leaving?

5. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I would be happy for us to be a partner to the EU, and I understand that would require a cost.
    Very willing to compromise as long as we still leave.

6. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

If teh EU was the trading bloc that Britsh people agreed to join then, I belive, the referendum would have been an overwhelming remain.

Politicians changed it to a political organisarion, moving well away from pure trade and that is what the British do not like.

Cut all ties except trade, have a free trade area agreement and we would get along fine.

jalumala likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's fair enough but what price would that cost?
    I think it would be ridiculous to leave our nearest neighbours without a a trade deal and customs union and I think the one we have already is pretty good.

malkie129 likes this.
  8. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Leave no matter what!

Louie007 and Baxi Boy like this.
  9. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

Having a tooth taken out is less painful, i can tell you that.

Louie007 likes this.
  10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

TMs deal will get through eventually in spite of it not really being the Brexit that the public voted for.
    After all it's the only deal that the EU will accept.

11. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I don't think it's possible to leave. I think any decision will be reversed in my lifetime. Not having a seat at the table yet having to go along with what's decided won't wash... Jmo. We will always be tied to the EU for trade and security and travel, unless we can move the country. I just hope the big business and banks don't move away like they are saying. The UK needs a giant kick up the xxx and maybe this is it. They say be carful what you wish for... You might get it! We got it coming big time unless the great and the good (mps) sort this out ... 3 days left. Hum

12. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

The EU would have to 'accept' a no-deal.

Baxi Boy likes this.
  13. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

I notice that the 16(?) proposals put forward to the Speaker includes voting on a 'no-deal'.

I hope that one gets included for a Parliamentary vote - it'll really add to the excitement.

And this is very exciting, isn't it? You will all be glued to your TV screens this evening, won't you? :)

14. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

Nah.

15. BillyT

BillyT Member

Welcome back DA:D

16. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I'll be glued . Building trade around here has stalled. Shares have dived. I want this sorted either in or out with no delay. Its like waiting for a tooth to be pulled. Get on with it

17. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

Yippee! 'No-deal' is one of the options they'll be voting for!

18. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Or rather its like going into hospital to have your wisdom teeth out, only to find out afterwards that they accidentally circumcised you instead...which might actually be the case if the hospital is in Leicester.

Heat likes this.
  19. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

The only reason that we are in this position of having no feasible exit plan is down to Teresa May, she has procrastinated when she should have been making meaningful and acceptable deals for both parties. Well done Chippie, you have waived the red rag again!

b4xtr likes this.
  20. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

Louie007 and Vixere like this.