What were you working on today?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by CGN, Dec 1, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

On 3rd bottle wine myself..................................

Toying where my life is going..........

Nowhere!

2. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Hospital, railway arch or an early grave if you keep that up pal. :(

You need a new challenge to throw yourself into rather than wallow in self-pity.

You cannot change the past only plan for the future. Don't go beating yourself up. Make a plan for a new, better you and put it into action. It doesn't have to be overnight but you need to decide what you really want from the rest of your life and go out and get it. Hopefully it isn't being the most popular guy at the bottle bank. ;)

longboat, KIAB, Astramax and 2 others like this.
  3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Get yourself an Endruo motorbike and go out in the countryside, you live in a beautiful part of the country, just sober up first.

4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I was going to suggest that. Hire a bike and go on a backpacking roadtrip for two weeks. Clear your head and have some time off.
    Grab a change of clothes, a camera and a bottle of water. forget home life for a while.

Your other half might also learn how useful and important you are helping in everyday life. You both need a break from each other, and you both might benefit from it.
    You're well overdue a midlife crisis!

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Wish it was that easy.

Typing with one eye closed! LOL

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

[QUOTE="Joe95, post: 1465401, member: 162883"
    You're well overdue an overdose/QUOTE]

Agreed

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Nothing worthwhile is easy.

hampshire rosie likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Forget the bottle Koolpc, been down that road myself which ended in two strokes due to alcohol narrowing the blood vessels in the brain, 2 years on I have made a remarkable recovery partially due to not consuming any alcohol at all.

9. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

If you arn't willing to do that, head for your daughters school and ask them if you can help out.
    Your interested in computers and DIY, so ask them if they need anything doing. You might end up with nothing, but if they do give you something to do you would take pride from it, and your daughter would be able to tell everyone 'My daddy did that'. It could be some painting, could be installing software, just somthing that you can do and would keep you away from these ****** up things you keep saying.

It doesn't have to be a big change, just something you enjoy for a while to clear your head.

hampshire rosie likes this.
  10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Bring it on

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Believe me you do not want a stroke it pretty well f=^%*d me up for over a year! o_O:confused::eek:

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Not quite the same reason as you, think you would be better off joining the Samaritans Forum

13. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Good on you astra for coming out with that. I lost one of my brothers from the drink. He kept drinking until one day it caught up with him and he had catastrophic organ failure, found slumped over in the front room of his flat.

Six years on and I would never drink more than two days a week. It's not for me, but for my family. I've seen the devastation it causes first hand. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Kools you might wish it on, but would you put your daughter though it?
    You might think the OH doesn't give a **** about you, but she sure will if you go.
    You can happily go for it by all means. But what does it mean to everyone else?
    Coming out with these comments means, as far as i can see, you couldn't give a toss about your daughter. If you really 'love' her, why do you want to put her though the loss of her father?

This topic is too close to home for me.
    You coming out with this absolute ******** is really worrying. Get professional help.

longboat, wiggy, KIAB and 1 other person like this.
  14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Reading what i just typed makes me feel upset. It brought me back to the very morning i had the phone call from my sister, 'Peter is gone'. A moment I will never forget and a part of me that is gone forever.

Going to make myself a hot chocolate and read a book for a while. Good night lads.

15. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

With you Joe. Lost my big sister pretty much the same way and she was only 29. Destroys families and she left behind a 3 year old boy. Hurts just to remember.

koolpc - there are lot MUCH worse of than you, don't go joining them.

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  16. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I thought I'd be clever and change 12V halogen down lighters to LED, but it doesn't work. The electricians on the electrical forum explained why, 2 hours wasted fiddling around checking things but I know what to do now.
    Did my tax return on line. Looked for a piece of wood for a mate's daughter to make a stool as a school project. Raked up five builders' bags of leaves compressed down so hard that it took two of us to drag them to the compost heap.
    Helped Mrs S decorate the Christmas tree, Talked to a mate about tractors. That's about it really.

CGN likes this.
  17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Attended an End Of Life course at work this morning, then straight home to pick up my Yamaha keyboard and entertained some old folk at the church hall this afternoon. A good day. ;);)

CGN and Joe95 like this.
  18. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

You mean sit in front of a mirror playing it!?:D:p

Mr L, CGN and koolpc like this.
  19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Climbed the Christmas tree in living room to put fairy at the top! :D

CGN likes this.
  20. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I was on a first fix job running Cat 6 and RG59 around what will be offices.
    Nothing exciting here:(

Knees not to happy, been up and down a stepladder most of the day:oops:.

CGN likes this.