What's your favorite power tool?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by malkie129, Oct 25, 2015.

1. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Apart from your site radio, what's your favorite power tool? Mine is the SDS drill. I'm sure that any other oldies out there can remember using a Rawlplug "jumper" & a lump hammer to make holes in concrete to fit plugs. Many years ago, when installing a flight simulator, it took me about 3 days to fix brackets for the pipe runs,now 1/2 day max. I love my SDS. :)

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Has to be my Bosch multi tool so versatile, but my sds drill is a close second.

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Give me 5 mins I'm just gonna ask my Mrs the same question :oops:

teabreak and KIAB like this.
  4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

LOL ;)

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Rarely use the SDS since I got 18V Makita L ion but the TS55 is superb and the Fein Multimaster can get you out of the **** in so many ways.

vivaro man likes this.
  6. ThatDudeNick

ThatDudeNick Member

My 18v lxt cordless SDS for a compact cordless drill it's awesome. Lasted years and still going strong and can see it lasting for years to come. That and my mutli tool it's like a get out of jail free card it helped me out of some sticky situations on site easily and quickly!

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have many favourites. However, the one that makes me glad I have it is my 18v impact driver - long screws, coach bolts they all go in effortless.

8. Fein Multimaster, 24v Dewalt sds drill. Makita 7.2v impact driver, Makita core drill, most used and would not be with out.

9. BobbyTheBuilder

BobbyTheBuilder New Member

Bosch is BOSS!!

10. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Nah !

Makita is the daddy , 18v impact driver without question :)

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Not the dewalt 625 router. Mine just packed in.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

With what I am doing at the moment the Fein Multi Master gets me out of the doodoo so easily so many times I've started singing to it. "Buzzy saw, buzzy saw, I love you, yes I do" :):)

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

How long have you had it?

14. big all

big all Screwfix Select

years ago mains /battery router and mains flip saw

up to 5 years ago battery impact drill buzzy toy and plunge saw
    2 years bosch 10.8v dremel style rotary syle tool

the point is tools fade into the background as there amazing features become the norm :rolleyes:

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The TS 55 was a game changer but then we got a cnc router and the game changed again.

16. Matthew Rees

Matthew Rees New Member

The most invaluable tool on the van is the Fein Multi Tool, no matter what job you are doing you can have some use for it,, (apart from hitting nails in)