When did Screwfix website move to prices excluding VAT?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by rogerk101, Nov 20, 2020.

1. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I confess to have been shopping with Screwfix's main competitor for the last year, as I find their pricing better for most things and their staff much more friendly.
    However, I've recently returned to check out Screwfix's prices and found them to be quite competitive again ... until I discovered that their website prices are ex VAT. By the time you get to the checkout and see the extra 20% added, their prices are now shockingly higher than Toolstation and even higher than B&Q, Homebase and Wickes.
    C'mon Screwfix, we aren't that loyal ... we all prefer pricing policies of what you see is what you pay!

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I just had a look online via my account, everything is including VAT. What items were you looking at?

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

There's a button in the top right hand of the screen where you select whether you want inclusive or exclusive

rogerk101 and Abrickie like this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You missed out the Trade price selector Willy.

5. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

What would we do without Willy? Struggle on in ignorance I guess!
    Thanks for pointing that out to me, and apologies to Screwfix for my thinking you were trying to dupe us. You could still lower your prices a bit to remain competitive. :)

WillyEckerslike likes this.