Where can I buy a wierd kitchen tap gland ??

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tph1, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tph1

tph1 Member

Bought a kitchen tap from screwfix some years ago and the ceramic tap glands need replacing. Went to B&Q and bought a 3/8 - 1/2 ceramic tap gland replacement. It looked exactly the same in the shop but when I got back I realised the threaded section that the actual stainless steel tap lever slides onto is not long enough (by about 4mm)...

Does anyone know a good internet site where I can buy one ???

Thanks

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

3. GKU

GKU New Member

Whats the point , just bin it as GB says and get a new one - may even be cheaper :O

4. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

TPH1 Ask Tomplumb he usually provides answers for you that you ignore and then give him a hard time. So how is the water hammer these days?

You sound like a cheapskate to me buying cheapo taps and paying a family member to rough out your bathroom to try and save a quid. It's your own fault really trying to take shortcuts eh. After a cheap job eh? get annoyed when it goes wrong and can't face the fact it all you fault. Then taking it out on Tom when he gave a perfectly sesible answer to you dilema.

Change the taps mate buy Ideal Standard or Bristan then you will get the parts easily from them directly or any dealer. You may find the taps you fitted are 5 year warranted. Guess what they'll send you a new set so if you can't fit them you need to pay a plumber again.

5. tph1

tph1 Member

Thanks to the normal people who replied.

tackleburger, did you actually read Tomplumbs answer to my (very dated) question??? If you did, you will realise what a complete numpty answer he provided. It certainly wasn't a "sesible (sic) answer" as you suggest. In fact, the bizarre ranting, spelling & grammatical mistakes lead me to believe you might be related (if TP himself, going by a new username) to the muppet yourself.

Strange that you have bothered to search my old posts and feel the need to comment on a long gone thread. Mind you, I suppose cowboy tradesmen have got a lot of time on their hands at the moment...