Where can I buy something like this?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by dvddvd, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I'm building a turntable shelf for my turntable.

It basically going to be a wall bracket made from 20mm X 50mm steel box section welded together to make a frame.

Then another frame made from 40mm X 40mm steel box section which will be welded onto the wall bracket at a 90 degree angle so it's jutting out into the room.

A smaller frame will be welded together which will fit inside the frame jutting out into the room this will be suspended onto the main frame with silicone bands so it's isolated from the actual main frame and wall bracket, this is where the turntable will sit.

I need some hooks that I can attach the silicone bands between the two, so the inner frame is not touching the main frame. I saw these http://www.gsproducts.co.uk/stainless-steel-fender-hook-on-plate/

I've also seen the bolt hooks which look a bit amateurish, was looking for something that looks a bit more professional that I can weld on or tap the frame and fix the hooks with set screws?

Ideally I'd like a D shaped bracket that can be opened and the silicone band can be put in place then bolted onto the frame after? They only want to be 20mm or so and the ones I've seen are all a lot bigger many thanks

If that all made sense?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. steamcalle

steamcalle New Member

Ya i think some camping shops and online. Do make sure it can endure the amount of force that you desire tho.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If some one wants something unusual it's a good starting place.
    Hang on, I've outkiabed KIAB :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Deleted member 33931 and KIAB like this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Oh and it's you're :p:p:p

8. Double-ouch.

Man, your hard.

9. Yeah, I know...

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

:D