WHERE DO THEY ALL GO

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tetleyman, Mar 25, 2011.

1. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

With all the pubs closing down where do all the people go at teatime and night time

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Tesco's, Asda and Sainsburys . To take advantage of the cans on special offer.
    Our local pub sells Fosters and Carling for £3:20p a pint. At the local offie, I can buy 8 one pint cans of these for only £7:50p. Whem I'm sat at home, with some cans in the fridge, If I want one, I don't have to queue whilst the barmaid is chatting to her boyfriend, or wait till a barrel has been changed. If I want a smoke, I don't have to stand outside in the cold/rain/snow/hail/sleet/wind (delete as appropriate). If I don't like what's on the telly, I can change channels. I can listen to whatever music takes my fancy (without putting 50p in the jukebox) Finally, I don't have to listen to the drunken ramblings of some yob moaning about the cost of the pool table/jukebox/how the fruit machine rips you off/how he's lost £1 in the quiz machine, because he didn't know who won the FA cup in 1952/how he doesn't like the government/his brother/sister/mother/father/police/social workers/council workers/ everybody in general/how the darts team would have won on Tuesday, had he turned up/how the pool team would have won if he'd turned up Etc Etc..
    Hic;)

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I agree JJ. Pubs have ony themselves to blame. Miserable, expensive smelly dumps :(

4. Death

Death New Member

Sounds like my bedsit.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I said "expensive" That rules out your miserable, cheap, smelly bedsit.

6. joinerjohn1

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

i got home last night and on the kitchen table was 2 grates of beer and a loaf of bread,  i asked the wife, " eh up are we having a party" no she replied, " well whats all the fookin bread for then " i asked

8. joinerjohn1

Never mind Tomp. She's probably mekin't sarnies for your flight to Canada. Cheys n pickle no doubt. Beer will be for't flight n all. Don't forget to take it on as hand luggage, else ye'll be starvin and sober, by time tha lands. ;)

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

i be doin a few more crates before then john, we're only going in july , its not bad on  aircanada they serve the booze all the way over and its free with the meal and snacks, but inbetween you have to pay £5 for them little cans, one swig and its gone size, so i just have the free ones, i'm usually driving anyway at the other end, so its best to stay semi concious,

10. joinerjohn1

Have a great time Tomp. Watch out for them Mounties and Bears, while your there.
    I know what you mean about them small cans on't planes. Last time we went to Tenerife, it was £3 for a 330ml can of lager. I was telling the Indian at the local offie when I got back. He's trying to get some in.

11. Death

Death New Member

Anyway, my bedsit is expensive.

£15pw is a stash, I isn't minted, innit.

12. joinerjohn1

£15 a week for a bedsit?? Must be a luxurious gaff you have there Death. Mould , mildew, woodworm, wet rot and cockroaches at no extra cost ehh
    For another £2 a week , I bet your landlord would put glass in the windows. ;)

13. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

I think Death's £15 includes a £2 discount for sleeping with his  landlady - I am thinking of the scene in the film KingPin when Roy is  chucking up in the bog as his skanky landlady enjoys a post-coital Cig,  then orders him to do some tongue exercise before next Friday's rent is  due.

14. joinerjohn1

Takes on a whole new meaning to payment in kind.

15. Death

Death New Member

I happen to be someone who thinks you two oughta grow up.

16. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

She's warmed up and ready:

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

OK so admin hates tongue, another view of the delightful landlady in question:

[​IMG]

17. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Honestly  Grim! Where do you find them? :eek: