Where has Astramax gone ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by DIYDave., Aug 5, 2021.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Astra’s not been on the forum for some time ?

He’s had the occasional short term SF ‘holiday’, as many of us have had on the odd occasion but I’ve not seen him here for a while

Did I miss a ‘hissy fit, as he can be a little grumpy from time to time or has Astra simply vanished ?

2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Tbh, I really don't come on here as much as I used too, I was here multiple times a day, but recently down to 1, maybe 2 times a week, unfortunately the forum has changed over the years, the main reason I think is the removal of private messaging, regular members used it for it's intended purpose, unfortunately there were a minority that abused it and ruined a good thing for the majority.
    I think a lot of long time posters, myself included, feel that the forum sort of hit a brick wall.
    We know unsavoury characters will target places such as this, but to target all users with a blanket restriction wasn't really the best way to deal with it, again, just my opinion.
    We have had superb regular posters here, with a wealth of knowledge, willing to help others with a lesser understanding out, but again, we see them recede into the shadows.
    IMHO, It would be beneficial to give certain, vetted, proven members, the power to help the moderators, who, incidentally, do a great job, but ain't here 24/7, whereas many of us are, or could be, given the inclination to make the forums the place they used to be.
    Again, not knocking the mods, or Screwfix, thanks for hosting the service, just wondering how it can be improved.
    Regards.
    Rich.

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I've just had a break as it was just getting stupid. I agree SF light touch moderation has it's pros and cons but it just seems sometimes it gets out of hand. Why should I give my time for FREE, just to be constantly ridiculed by members that have been on the forum for five minutes whose only reason for joining is to start a fight?

ElecCEng and Owd Midge like this.
  4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

On one of my increasingly rare forays onto the forum not too long ago I did see something that Astra posted which was asking for a ban I'm afraid. I can't remember what it was or which thread it was on but I'm not surprised he paid the ultimate price for it.

I hope it's not permanent as it was out of character even for Astra. It will be a shame if it is - I quite liked the ringside seat you and he gave us sometimes Dave. His professional advice will be sorely missed and puts all the weight on @Wayners shoulders.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    teabreak likes this.
  5. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Very nicely put.

teabreak likes this.
  6. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

Astra might come back and troll...as a Cavalier!

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

It's nice to have other input just to give op options. Fortunately I'm not the only one here though. You do wonder with 60+ million people in UK why only a few contribute. Makes me feel a little odd. Ha

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Just noticed Astra's avatar has the title 'Super Member', not 'Screwfix Select' as he was when he was posting, same goes for other previous members who have bitten the dust for whatever reason. Big shame.

9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Oh. Shame.. Hope he's OK.

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Extended Screwfix Holiday in Bornmuff Dave :rolleyes:.

11. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Oh dear, it's as if you've been demoted from the 'Select' status and back down to 'Super Member', like it makes a shart of difference anyway. You haven't missed much ;)

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Thing is everyone who's a Screwfix Select has only been posting for a number of weeks, I'm now a Super Member which is a rare achievement. :D

13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

You'll have to use that one to pick women up, "I'm Astra, aka Super Member, shaken not stirred."

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Am a not have a! :eek:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021