Where the hell is this place??

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ThreadJacker, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Why do customers never warn you on the phone that the place is a nightmare to find?

Took me half an hour of driving up and down the same road untill I finally found it by chance, no street names, nothing and satnav drew a blank.

Her mobile was switched off so I couldn't ring and to make matters worse I was dying for a dump.

I was convinced I was going to **** myself!!

Rant over

2. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

where did you off load then??

3. ThreadJacker

I had to hold it in till I got home, the job was a none flushing toilet :(
    Starring into that toilet bowl made it even worse, luckily it was only a 5 minute diaphram change and straight home for a dump. :)

4. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

worst ones are the houses with no number but a name, like dunroamin and such, it can be a busy road and you have to slow down at every house to see the name plate, and you know how patient the traffic behind can be . and the owners will never give you a house number " ooh no we don't have a house number we're far too important for that "
    GRRRRR

5. imran_

imran_ New Member

Strange, I find SatNav incredibly accurate. Postcode and number.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

I have to agree with Imran the satnav normally leads me to their door

Tomplum you big girls blouse go and invest in one flog that bloody camera on ebay and get yaself a tom tom :d :d

7. ThreadJacker

Don't get me wrong, my satnav is fantastic and without it I'd be stuffed but this place was a weird 'off the beaten track' type place.

It turned out it did get me to roughly the right place but the place was hidden, really hidden.

8. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

sat nav's are for wimmin drivers, i've never needed one , all the worlds greats never needed them either,marco polo, columbus, nelson, cook,
    sell my camera, how dare you ,

9. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

place but the place was hidden, really hidden.

Was it in skemersdale by any chance?,what a maze that place is.

10. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

good point drew, if you used a sat nav in skem, it would be the last time you used it, the * would have it before you got to your destination, then you'd be *,

[Edited by: admin]

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

non of them were plumbers either!!!Move with the times mate,streamline,synergy and fluid movement of your business to make more wonga :)

AtoZ are so 1980's !

12. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

skems not that bad, lots of similar sounding names :^O on the plus side they tend to be in alphabetical order :^O

13. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

satnavs, who actually uses them:O

no wonder 2days kids kant reed or rite:^O:^O:^O get out ur a-z & use it. keeps the brain actiff:D

14. ThreadJacker

Zapped just as I was replying to it? Weird.