Where to pick up trailing edge dimmer switches?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Dam0n, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

I have a couple of small rooms with led spots fitted that need dimming. Where's a good source to pick up a trailing edge dimmer? There doesn't seem to be much choice at the usual outlets!

The rooms are pretty small so the wattage is tiny so rather not just dim them with a traditional leading edge incandescent jobbie due to humming/flickering issues.

Cheers all!

2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

There's a company that does sell them. Cant remember the name something like Fixascrew, can't get it at the moment. Maybe it starts with Screw, something.

Anyway, whoever it is sells an excellent product, the Varilight V-Pro dimmer range.

Dam0n likes this.
  3. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Great I'll give fixascrew a look :)

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yep good dimmers indeed the Varilight V-Pro range, have brought several and all work well with LED lamps

Programmable to work as leading or trailing edge, easy enough to see what mode suits ur lamps best, soft start feature to prolong lamp life, can set min / max light levels and several other features built in

Several styles of faceplate available from SF, more available on line. Or keep existing faceplates (if dimmer switches) and buy just the dimming module and swap over

Also ten year guarantee so a good choice to make

5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Prefer the zero cross dimmer, v-pro need reprogramming if the power trips.

6. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Really?? I’ve never had that problem.