Which angle grinder to buy?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by MrC, Apr 14, 2004.

1. MrC

MrC New Member

Need one for initially cutting curves into patio flags. I see they go from very cheap to pretty expensive. Whilst it won't be getting constant use the real cheap options just seem, well cheap and that old adage 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind along with the image of a blade embedding itself in a fence across the garden...

Suggestions would be most welcome :)

2. hondabird

hondabird New Member

3. LittleLuke

LittleLuke New Member

I got the bosch 9" one which is also good.
    Half the battle with cutting is buying a quality blade. I.e. Diamond, but not all diamonds are forever ;) )

Luke

4. taffy

taffy New Member

mine`s got royal approval it`s a phillip`s 12

5. big all

big all Screwfix Select

now you feel like a real man taff

l o l[just looked at 6 inches]

of flooring

cheers big all

6. taffy

taffy New Member

yeh when you are in a good mood you are in a good mood full of it tonight ....yesterday gone and logged!!!!!!!!

7. taffy

taffy New Member

buy a cheap one if you are going to grind metal now and again it will last you a life time if you are going to cut stone the dust like they have said before me the dust gets in the bearings gets in the motor like you will not know buy 2 cheap ones one for your job one to keep you will be quids in and lots of cutting disks from pit stop they are ok for a one off b+q but you never heard it from me

8. MrC

MrC New Member

9. taffy

taffy New Member

if you are only going to use it once try b+q £14.99 take your mum or gran on a wednesday and get 10% off you will not ware it out unless you are going to pave the old wemble stadium

10. MrC

MrC New Member

I'm not in the building game so it won't get constant, like every day, use, but I will use it again, probably for quite a few jobs over the next few years on several houses.