Which Car?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

:eek:

But...but...but...

2. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Lots of people I know do exactly this and say it's the cheapest way of running a motor vehicle.
    Always buy with 12 months MOT and never have any repairs done being the 2 golden rules!

3. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

That'll be a good buy Kools plus with them being a main dealer they'll not sell you a dud because they will want to keep your custom.
    Is it the same car as the AYO only with a Citron badge on it?

koolpc likes this.
  4. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Just to clarify; I'm certainly not DA in disguise and sorry I misspelt your name Koolpc.
    I do think you've done the right thing in buying a low mileage 3 year old car.

koolpc likes this.
  5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

No clarification required, 'arry. None at all.

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, now got a better deal from my Citroen dealer. 65 plate (early 2016) C1. 14k on the clock, 1.2 engine (superb performance for such a small engine). Cobalt blue with chrome trim, reversing camera, better interior spec, alloy wheels, front disc brakes, tinted rear and side windows. No road tax. 68mpg approx.

1 year warranty. 1 year AA breakdown cover.

£6,995

My insurance paid £4k for my other car so left me with £3k to pay on what is a car that is only 2.5 years old.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you actually bought and paid for this car or is just another episode in your long term flirtation?

Magicspark and Astramax like this.
  8. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

That's obviously a higher spec'd car, but is it better value than the cheaper, newer, manufacturer-warranted one; "£6,495 for the 67 plate one. Apparently it was their demo vehicle and its done 700 miles..."?

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

It was very much lower spec too. Basic everything.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you bought a car?

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

It was much lower spec - that's all. Everything else was a plus, even the price!

But, fair do's - a basic model very often is very basic, and a bit of luxury and some goodies go a long way to the enjoyment.

Happy New car, Kools. Bought it?

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thank u. Yes, bought it and love it so far!

Allsorts likes this.
  13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's great, Kool's. I'm so pleased you finally settled for something you were happy with.
    I do think you deserve an apology from the cynically minded, 'chip's' though. Considering what he's falsely implied against you, it's surely warranted.
    Howay, chip's!

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

For what?

15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I got chip on ignore so i dont see his childish posts!:D