Which centre unit and which thermostat? -

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by baracus, Oct 24, 2018.

1. baracus

baracus Member

hello

Im confused as to which heating control system to go for, I cant get my head around the advice from either the plumber or the electrician.

It is a 3 storey house, there are 4 zone valves in the boiler room
    i)ground floor has water underfloor heating
    ii)the middle floor has radiators
    iii)the loft has radiators
    iv) I believe one zone for the hot water.( see pictures)

The underfloor heating pipes were layed to have 6 zones, 2 of these zones need to have a wireless thermostat.

My questions are

1) Which thermostats shall I go for? The electrician says the wiring has been done for honeywell thermostats but isnt sure if heatmiser ones would work, either way which Im not fussed, heatmiser seem to look better and are a bit cheaper. My preference is that the wired thermostat points remain wired, rather than push the wire back and use a wireless - but caould be convinced if there was a good reason for all wireless.

2) Based on the thermostats, which wiring centre should I go for?

3) The electrician says Id need 2 x 2 way timer unit, again which one to go for?

My requirement is to
    1) Control the temperature of the middle floor heating and loft individually.
    2) To control the temperature of each of the UFH zones individually.
    3) Potential to control some things from mobile phone - this is a nice to have, not desperate for this.

Many thanks in advance ufh.gif zonevalve.gif