Which combination of waste traps for dishwasher and washing machine

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Paul Coombs, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Paul Coombs

Paul Coombs Member

Looking for advice as to which waste trap combinations I require for a washing machine and dishwasher installed adjacent to each other.

I would prefer just a single pipe exit through the wall. The sink waste will be a good 2 metres away so that sort of rules out teeing the dishwasher waste into that.

Thanks

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Fit a standpipe and trap with dual inlets at the top.

3. Paul Coombs

Paul Coombs Member

If I’m understanding this correctly, using the Screwfix catalogue, it would be a “Standpipe appliance trap 40mm (9436)” with a Twin hose connector 40mm (206HR)” simple mounted on the top.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Yes spot on . But code 18640 is the same standpipe/ trap but half the price.

5. Paul Coombs

Paul Coombs Member

Great, thanks for confirming and highlighting the cheaper option.

6. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

I’d spend a few more £s and go for the mcalpine version. Well worth it.

nigel willson likes this.
  7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Why ,what exactly is the difference ?

8. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

They look the same and would do the same job but the mcalpine fittings seem to be better quality.

9. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Mcalpine make great quality products ,and some of their stuff is far superior to other brands. But straight forward compression fittings and a length of plastic pipe is not worth twice the price.