Which Combustion analyser??

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by waterboy, Jan 6, 2004.

1. waterboy

waterboy New Member

Hi...I am expanding my business to include boiler servicing in addition to the plumbing side of things, I am setting up with some of the extra equipment that I need...The most expensive item being the flue gas analyser. I will be using it on Oil fired boilers for a while and then on Gas and LPG as soon as I get registered. I've been looking at a few..the Sprint 2000 xt/ld, the Kane 400 and a few others as well.
    Hoping someone can give some opinions on these...

2. combustion

combustion New Member

I recommend the Telegan Tempest 50 or the Kane & May KM 900. Both expensive but very reliable. Must get them calibrated annually though.

3. Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson New Member

We've run tempest 50s for quite a while now and been very happy with them. One failed recently and the repair cost was going to be high so I looked at the other options and bought the Sprint. It is not as comprehensive as the tempest but price wise it was a very good deal so I got it for our other installer as he doesn't use the other functions on the tempest anyway.

Mike

4. waterboy

waterboy New Member

Cheers guys
    Have bitten the bullet and gone for a sprint 2000xt/ld 5 in 1 kit, seems to have all I need for now. Though I am going to have to do a lot more servicing now to pay for the thing.

Wb

5. Gas Technician

Gas Technician New Member

I have had this machine for nearly 9months now and use it every day - Hope you got the printer as well - i have the infa red Eye on my Laptop and can save straight to the Laptop producing some really impressive copies for my customers, The only problem with telegan is that they dont give you a guide to what reading you should be classing as being safe , these are available on the goverments site the link being www.cogdem.co.uk that should help you.

Hope you enjoy walking up the customers path with your telegan I do It gives me the edge over the cowboys and is invaluable when using it on Condensing blrs and Combis.