Which Kitchen Dilemma & Fitter - Glasgow

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Terry Cole, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Terry Cole

Terry Cole New Member

Hello,

Apologies in advance for the long winded post!

We are currently in the early stages of having a small kitchen extension built which means we will need a new kitchen.

An initial drawing has been agreed with our architects and design works are now underway before being in a position to submit to planning by the end of the month by the looks of it.

The architects will then go out to tender and from previous jobs it would seem they use the same companies to do the complete works so I am guessing that it’s likely to be a Howdens kitchen fitted by a joiner rather than someone who does this for a living.

From all the reading I’ve done, I realise that a good kitchen fitter can make even a basic kitchen look good so I am determined to find someone who knows what they are doing and insist on them doing this part of the works. Any recommendations for a fitter in the Glasgow area?

Secondly, I’ve read all the terrible reviews and issues with Wrens kitchens which came after we found a design we thought we liked in the infinity plus range. So since then I’ve been trawling the internet for alternatives and pretty much wherever you go there is a negative to be found.

DIY Kitchens started well but recently there seems to be some quality issues and delays in replacing parts.

We then went onto the traditional shaker style and inbuilt units from Harvey Jones but I couldn’t help but feel they were taking the P! With their pricing so I then began looking at shaker kitchens, classic kitchens and handmade kitchens. All of which would mean me measuring up myself and trusting the quality will be ok.

I kept reading that benchmarx kitchens were quality but from reading on here today even they lead to sagging wall units etc so I’m just about ready to give in!

I then tried Kitchenfindr for a recommendation but to me he typed in my post code and linked me to the nearest independent whose work looks very basic from what I can see.

This local firms work looks nice but I have no real way of knowing the quality:

https://glenlithinteriors.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyJSw45PE5AIVVODtCh3EOwPDEAAYASAAEgJ6S_D_BwE

So, in the end if it were your own kitchen and you have a budget of say £15-25k for granite worktops, 5m island, integrated appliances say 10-12 units (no real idea on what we need but I do have basic drawings) what would you go for?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

2. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Well-Known Member

I used DIY at the start of this year with no issues at all. Well pleased.